+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: EU and Brexit

BT : But how long has it been you have not been in the church ,perhaps no wonder Burnley have been playing ,well lets say ''out of sorts ?'
    It is written, "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, etc etc.
    Not one mention of God in there OC? But BT .....the Trinity??
    ''The Christian doctrine of the Trinity holds that God is one God, but three coeternal and consubstantial persons: the Father, the Son (Jesus Christ), and the Holy Spirit''. So it is mentioned

But BT :'' if we could embrace the idea that love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control are virtues we could all accept and live by them, what a better existence we would all have''.

To embrace, accept or support a belief, theory, or change, is not enough. When a great disaster befalls you ,it all falls apart. One has to have a in this case a religious or spiritual scripture and a religious or spiritual practice so that you live it, exist in it, something deeper than just thought.

Sub : My friend. ''the only problem is that some are holier than others and their word must be obeyed''! I would say in this case they are not correct. In a spiritual sense all are equal all, everything has come from the same source........and everything will return back to that source.

oldcolner: Lets try ?

Which God do you mean? It is impossible to know that which is beyond the mind, we can not say it is ,or it is not .

So how do you know he is all love? (my humble opinion) We can ask why did he create this existence? But OC that's a very deep question, perhaps not for this forum?

Where do Mormons fit? All, everything has come from one source and everything is moving towards that source.

Quote Originally Posted by Balanbam00 View Post
    Sub : My friend. ''the only problem is that some are holier than others and their word must be obeyed''! I would say in this case they are not correct. In a spiritual sense all are equal all, everything has come from the same source........and everything will return back to that source.
    Balan --my comment was made very much tongue in cheek which is why I qualified it by my statement which followed.
    As you are aware, many people take life far too seriously and waste it by looking for the Meaning of Life.
    It takes all sorts and we certainly have a big variety posting on this board, however, it is only varying opinions and does pass some time, particularly when we are in lockdown.

Well done to your son for sorting you out.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Balan --my comment was made very much tongue in cheek which is why I qualified it by my statement which followed.
    As you are aware, many people take life far too seriously and waste it by looking for the Meaning of Life.
    It takes all sorts and we certainly have a big variety posting on this board, however, it is only varying opinions and does pass some time, particularly when we are in lockdown.

Well done to your son for sorting you out.
    Somebody needs to sort him out, that is for sure!

Now the fun starts with the French at war with us it seems. Macron thinks he’s Napoleon

The Government will next week begin urgent talks to try and reach an agreement by March on the future of the UK’s access to EU financial markets.
    City minister John Glen and senior Treasury civil servant Katharine Braddick will lead the talks for the UK.
    After attending talks with various French authorities already in 2017, former Foreign Office Minister Jeremy Browne, who was acting as the City of London's envoy on Brexit, said that Emmanuel Macron’s France was actively seeking to exploit Brexit to disrupt and degrade Britain's lucrative financial sector.

In a leaked memorandum, he said his time in Paris had been “the worst", with the French open about their desire to see the UK weakened. Mr Browne, who met banking chiefs, senior politicians and diplomats, wrote: “They are crystal clear about their underlying objective: the weakening of Britain, the ongoing degradation of the City of London.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/13...any-macron-spt

BREXIT Britain must not become a "rule-taker" from Brussels when financial services are negotiated, Bank of England Governor Andrew Bailey has said.

Financial services contributed £132billion to the economy in 2018, almost seven percent of Britain's total economic output.

Last year the City of London exported £25billion of services to the EU, making Europe a key market on which a finance deal must be negotiated.

However, speaking to MPs yesterday Mr Bailey said the UK must not let Brussels dictate the terms of the agreement and Britain must not be forced to follow EU rules.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...-andrew-bailey
    Last edited by oldcolner; 07-01-2021 at 01:30 PM.

"EU citizens banned from using ID cards to enter UK after rising terrorism and crime concerns
    Priti Patel is using Brexit to change the rules so that EU ID cards can no longer be used as travel documents"

"EU citizens will be banned from using ID cards to enter the UK from October because they are so easy to fake they are being widely used by terrorists, criminals and illegal immigrants to enter the country. Priti Patel, the Home Secretary, is using Brexit to change the rules so that EU ID cards can no longer be used as travel documents, and instead visiting EU nationals will have to present passports at UK borders. It comes amid growing concern about the proliferation of fake European IDs, which have been used by jihadis, rapists, thieves and benefit fraudsters."

What a load of drivel, changing this EU rule will not make the slightest difference, because airlines and ferry companies don't acknowledge it's existence anyway. I lived in France for 8 years, I had a French ID card, I travelled back to the UK regularly, and I was told by a smart-arsed friend that I didn't need my passport to travel back to England, EU regs said my ID card was sufficient. Next time I turned up at Bordeaux airport I gave my ID card to the girl on check-in, 'Can I see your passport please' she said, 'I don't need it', I said, 'EU regs say my ID card will suffice'. 'If you don't show me your passport', she said, 'You won't be getting on the plane'. So I gave her my passport. I tried the same trick with Brittany Ferries at St Malo and P&O at Zeebrugge. Same result both times, no passport, ID card or not, this is as far as you go.

Does Patel really think that jihadis, rapists, thieves and benefit fraudsters need an EU ID card to get into the UK ? Feck off, an inflatable dinghy and a pair of oars is the minimum requirement. It's a Home Office publicity stunt, to give the impression they're actually doing something about our porous borders, while in reality they're helpless.
    Last edited by sinkov; 08-01-2021 at 02:35 PM.

She's not the sharpest blade in the box is she sinkov?

They made a similar claim saying they had banned electric pulse fishing as though it was something they could now do after Brexit. France and Belgium had already banned it, it has nothing to do with the EU.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)