+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: EU and Brexit

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    As the clock ticks down tensions are rising either side of the channel.

Hungary and Poland sparked EU outrage this week after they vetoed the €1.8 trillion 2021-2027 budget and recovery fund. The two member-states vetoed the plan because access to the funds would be conditional upon respecting the rule of law. There is growing fury among EU leaders in Brussels at the "unacceptable" veto, amid claims Hungary and Poland could be stripped of their voting rights in the bloc and maybe ejected.

Meanwhile we sign a deal with Canada. Wonder what we sell them?
    The Markles?

Just across the border; they are still in reach.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    The NEC and Labour activists are actively looking to dethrone Starmer right now. I live in hope.
    So do the Tories, my man in Conservative HQ tells me the big worry is that at the next election they'll be facing Starmer and not Corbyn.

Trump attack Iran? The IDF prepares
    http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/291978

Will Trump attack Iran? The IDF prepares
    Political echelon instructs military to be prepared for scenario in which President Trump strikes Iran in his last days in office.

The political echelon has instructed the IDF to prepare for a scenario of US action against Iran before the departure of President Donald Trump from the White House in January.Senior Israeli officials involved in the matter said that the political echelon's directive to the military did not come because of information or an estimate that the Trump administration would act against Iran, but more because of the sensitive period in the weeks leading up to the January 20 change of government in Washington.

If the Trump administration acts against Iran, Israel is expected to receive advance warning of the action. However, due to the great uncertainty, the army has been instructed to ensure that Israel's defense systems are ready for any scenario which may arise from a US attack on Iran.

( But a war would end the Palestinian problem,they would have no support from Iran,weapons, arms and cash! Plus Hezbullah would be effected without support,would they take on the IDF alone? Then there would be acceptance of a peace deal or treaty with Israel and all the Arab states etc etc .................Ups, then the alarm went off! Its 5 am and up for work )

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    This Biden dude scares the sh1t out of me sinkov.

His "foreign policy" leaves me very uneasy.
    Foreign intervention back on the cards, end of sanctions on Iran, the Mad Mullahs out of their box, I wasn't joking when I advised Balan to get his tin hat back out of the cupboard. The experts were saying Trump was going to set the region ablaze when he moved the US embassy to Jerusalem, of course it never happened, but Joe might succeed where the Donald failed.

Starmer folds like a pack of cards - again...

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/brexi...?ocid=msedgntp

Of course he'll vote for a deal BT, if a deal is voted down then we leave without one, and 'no deal' terrifies Labour.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Of course he'll vote for a deal BT, if a deal is voted down then we leave without one, and 'no deal' terrifies Labour.
    Barnier tables new demands late in the day that upset the apple art..
    Then he leaks we have reduced our 80% of fish to 60z. Where the NDA?

Macron trying to block the deal to save face at home. Seems they want to be our enemies.
    Homeowners abroad can only stay for r3 months then leave for 3 months

Annoyed we got the vaccine first.

This is just the start.

Barnier tables new demands late in the day that upset the apple art..
    Then he leaks we have reduced our 80% of fish to 60z. Where the NDA?

Macron trying to block the deal to save face at home. Seems they want to be our enemies.
    This fish thing puzzles me, it always get portrayed in our media as a problem for us, and we're making a mountain out of a molehill. Seems to me it's the French who have the real problem, if they block a deal because they want more fish from our waters, they end up with no deal, and no rights to fish in our waters at all. In effect, we have them by the short and curlies, as long as we hold our nerve, but this aspect of it never sees the light of day in our mainly Remoaner media.

I think Macron is just anti British, and using fish to drive a no deal. His EU mates don’t seem happy. They need to take him in a corner.

The fish thing is complex with English water fishing rights having being bought by the French, French trawlers registered at English ports and the fact we don’t have the resources to fish all our territory.

I think Macron is just anti British, and using fish to drive a no deal. His EU mates don’t seem happy. They need to take him in a corner.

The fish thing is complex with English water fishing rights having being bought by the French, French trawlers registered at English ports and the fact we don’t have the resources to fish all our territory.
    Save me the bother of looking it up OC, what's Jimmy Krankie's view on Scottish fishing fleets being jeopardised by Brexit?

Best fish dinner I have ever eaten anywhere across the globe was in a waterside restaurant in Leith about two years ago. Me and the Child Bride are going back as soon as.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)