+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: EU and Brexit

EU and Brexit

As the clock ticks down tensions are rising either side of the channel.

Hungary and Poland sparked EU outrage this week after they vetoed the €1.8 trillion 2021-2027 budget and recovery fund. The two member-states vetoed the plan because access to the funds would be conditional upon respecting the rule of law. There is growing fury among EU leaders in Brussels at the "unacceptable" veto, amid claims Hungary and Poland could be stripped of their voting rights in the bloc and maybe ejected.

Meanwhile we sign a deal with Canada. Wonder what we sell them?

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    As the clock ticks down tensions are rising either side of the channel.

Hungary and Poland sparked EU outrage this week after they vetoed the €1.8 trillion 2021-2027 budget and recovery fund. The two member-states vetoed the plan because access to the funds would be conditional upon respecting the rule of law. There is growing fury among EU leaders in Brussels at the "unacceptable" veto, amid claims Hungary and Poland could be stripped of their voting rights in the bloc and maybe ejected.

Meanwhile we sign a deal with Canada. Wonder what we sell them?
    Said at the beginning it’s a house of cards teetering waiting to collapse , and I still think it will when we’ve been left a while.

The sooner we’re away from the parasites in Brussels the better.

I agree army. There’s a bunch in Strasbourg too to keep Germany and France happy duplicating work and needing trains hired to transfer between them and their Secretariat has made Luxembourg where it is based the richest population in the EU and almost the world.
    €103 million could be saved per year should all EP operations be transferred from Strasbourg to Brussels (2014 prices).

I've always said the same as Army about the EU, it will collapse, and the sooner the better.

As for us, we are again not ready as of a few weeks ago we still had not got the staff and logistics ready for Dover, how Doris and his motley crew can keep functioning on projects that they cannot even get ready for is beyond me, I said we would be more than O.K. leaving the EU as long as we had a leader with a back bone, sadly Doris, with his wife chipping in along with the Cabinet are a bunch of feckless idiots.

Let's just get the phuck out and sort out the sh1tfall later.

The amount of money the EU bureaucrats suck out of the European economy is nothing short of scandalous.

Like sinkov says the Tories are notorious for ramming their swords into their "leader's" back.

Rishi might just be the dude who can step up to the plate, aided and abetted by their Labour Party quisling & Tory sidekick Sir Kier Starmer.

Van Leyen said disputes over future common standards, including state aid rules, and policing the final agreement also continued.
    Raising hopes of a deal, she told the European Parliament many areas of the draft free trade agreement are starting to take shape. Mrs von der Leyen said: “These are decisive days for our negotiations with the United Kingdom.

Biden sticking his nose in on Irish border issues doesn’t help.

Starmer is going along with Blow Job.

Sinkov, what is the point of an opposition party who do not oppose..?

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...?ocid=msedgntp

Van Leyen said disputes over future common standards, including state aid rules, and policing the final agreement also continued.
    Raising hopes of a deal, she told the European Parliament many areas of the draft free trade agreement are starting to take shape. Mrs von der Leyen said: “These are decisive days for our negotiations with the United Kingdom.

Biden sticking his nose in on Irish border issues doesn’t help.
    No help whatsoever OC, I think he has enough on his plate without worrying about us.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    No help whatsoever OC, I think he has enough on his plate without worrying about us.
    He’s certainly playing the Irish card and in contact with the Tseoach on it. Talking of no trade deal with US, back of the Q again. One can only hope his Vice takes over soon!!

He’s certainly playing the Irish card and in contact with the Tseoach on it. Talking of no trade deal with US, back of the Q again. One can only hope his Vice takes over soon!!
    I've said this a million times before, if a US company wants to trade with us they can, unless Biden blows the only one true ally the US have.

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)