+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Takeover and announcement of new manager.....

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    I might be a tad naive here but, surely, Mel wouldn't appoint Schteve as TD and advisor to the new board without tacit approval from the incoming owners..... would he?
    I very much doubt that he would, but as its an appointment at director level, it would probably need ratification by the newly formed board post deal finalisation, albeit just a box ticking exercise

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Calm down ‘Mystic Meg’...getting it a bit carried away with yourself it seems. I’m neither worried - in the grand scheme of things - nor ‘fretting’...although I do reserve the right to ask a question and offer an opinion on a forum without generating quite such a patronising response.
    Its hard to know where to pitch answers to someone who, by his own words, claims to know nothing about takeovers whatsoever. Forgive me if my response was too simplistic and assumed a level of knowledge that you found patronising.

But some things have moved on - the change of person with significant control was switched on Friday 27th between one of Mel's companies (Sevco 5112) and another - (Gellaw 203). Not immediately obvious why and maybe its just tidying up a loose end from the deal which flipped the stadium out of the Gellaw 203 sub group and into the Gellaw 202 sub group.

And also at the beginning of the moth the loan from Rams Investment Limited was repaid, presumably out of teh Dell money, and the charge against the assets and ground discharged
    Last edited by Geoff Parkstone; 01-12-2020 at 04:46 PM.

Nothing to do with ‘level of knowledge’, GP. I doubt that anyone on here has very much genuine ‘knowledge’ about football club takeovers and I’m not going to pretend otherwise, but terms such as ‘stop second guessing’, ‘so much hot air’, ‘don’t you worry your pretty little head about it’ seem more than a tad patronising to me. Perhaps it’s just the ‘Parky way’.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Nothing to do with ‘level of knowledge’, GP. I doubt that anyone on here has very much genuine ‘knowledge’ about football club takeovers and I’m not going to pretend otherwise, but terms such as ‘stop second guessing’, ‘so much hot air’, ‘don’t you worry your pretty little head about it’ seem more than a tad patronising to me. Perhaps it’s just the ‘Parky way’.

Well you were yet again saying the takeover was progressing at Brexit pace, implying it was slow, when by your own admission you know little about takeovers, you don't know when this whole thing started and both GP and I had explained clearly that these things were complicated and took time.

I'm not in the know about Football club takeovers, but have been involved in many company takeovers, acquisitions or mergers and that is just what this is. Believe me once the lawyers and accountants get down to brass tacks, there will be many issues raised which all have to be responded to, verified and often negotiated on.

I've know a fairly simple takeover be stalled for 3 months simply because of a missing warranty relating to the land the offices were on. So not surprised its taking a while.

I seriously doubt whether the DET has a clue about timescales or anything for that matter.
    Last edited by swaledale; 01-12-2020 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Well you were yet again saying the takeover was progressing at Brexit pace, implying it was slow, when by your own admission you know little about takeovers, you don't know when this whole thing started and both GP and I had explained clearly that these things were complicated and took time.

I'm not in the know about Football club takeovers, but have been involved in many company takeovers, acquisitions or mergers and that is just what this is. Believe me once the lawyers and accountants get down to brass tacks, there will be many issues raised which all have to be responded to, verified and often negotiated on.

I've know a fairly simple takeover be stalled for 3 months simply because of a missing warranty relating to the land the offices were on. So not surprised its taking a while.

I seriously doubt whether the DET has a clue about timescales or anything for that matter.
    Yes major transactions can be glacially slow, can we accept that as a given and move on to something else to pick over?

Mel and his band of idiots can well and truly **** off

Take the scouser and the "championship expert" with you whilst your at it

Sacked McClaren, brought him back, sacked him again... and then brought him back again

Lets be honest here... he's not got a ****ing clue what he's doing

And another thing.

How do you take a club in such a great financial position on taking over and leave it in the state he's got it into?

****ing amataur pretending to be a genius, wasn't even him that made the money for candy crush either, he was a hanger on ffs

Is that the improved understanding of corporate manoeuvring that you are looking for Andy?

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Is that the improved understanding of corporate manoeuvring that you are looking for Andy?
    Actually thats made it much clearer for me!

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    And another thing.

How do you take a club in such a great financial position on taking over and leave it in the state he's got it into?

****ing amataur pretending to be a genius, wasn't even him that made the money for candy crush either, he was a hanger on ffs
    ?????????????????????

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)