+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Takeover and announcement of new manager.....

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    I made the assumption you are able to distinguish between the two to be honest!

I'm less worried about when the deal is completed as long as it is and with due diligence, I don't want a "three amigo's" scenario for the club again!

AS for transfer targets in january, I'm less concerned I remain of the view that with the exception of possibly a quality striker (and whats the likelyhood of getting one in January?) this group of players under the right manager are more than capable of avoiding relegation.

So to that end i don't see the takeover as a requirement to save the season, more a welcome possibility that the club can progress in the next few years.
    On the third point...I’d like to see CKR playing more alongside another finisher. I’ve always believed that Marriott needs to play alongside a bigger target man. I know you have well founded doubts about CKR as a goal scorer and tbf he missed two decent chances last night...but, in terms of short term scoring solutions, it may be that CKR in partnership with Marriott/Waghorn/Ibe/Duncan or one of the younger lads might offer a solution.

I did doubt Kazim Richards based on his record and I would be concerned that he could withstand the rigours of playing every game over the season, but at the moment he seems to be the best we have.

I'm not sure two strikers is the preferred tactics these days, but with Waghorn on one side and Ibe (remeber him?) on the other, we might just have a potent threat.

Yes we can bring Marriott back into the fold in jan, though he is of course injured again!

Agree RA, he would be perfect alongside Waggy. Just drop one of the holding mids (why do we need 2 anyway?), we need to battle a few points and trying to out-football teams without Aguero up front isn't going to work.

I guess because the coaches don't trust the defence? I'm not sure many teams in the championship play 4-4-2 these days, but somebody will no doubt show me they do!

We should go back to 2-3-5 I reckon, would be very interesting to see how the opposition tried to sort their defences out

Well the guy at Southampton plays 4-2-2-2 apparently

Well its been 4 days since the DET told us the next 48hrs, ok I know GP says these negotiations take time and so many parties this that and the other but they've been talking since May, what can they still be discussing, have they just got onto the bit where it says the club doesn't own the ground or what, surely it should be minor details now, it was agreed in principle remember and the news we had yesterday that it was some sort on public bank holidays back in the UAE just smacks of Fawaz all over again, are we to become the laughing stock like forest were whenever theres a public holiday over there and players wages weren't paid, I'm starting to have doubts on this takeover

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    Well its been 4 days since the DET told us the next 48hrs, ok I know GP says these negotiations take time and so many parties this that and the other but they've been talking since May, what can they still be discussing, have they just got onto the bit where it says the club doesn't own the ground or what, surely it should be minor details now, it was agreed in principle remember and the news we had yesterday that it was some sort on public bank holidays back in the UAE just smacks of Fawaz all over again, are we to become the laughing stock like forest were whenever theres a public holiday over there and players wages weren't paid, I'm starting to have doubts on this takeover
    I thought that the talks started around late August? But whatever these deals are far from simple and do take time agreeing in principle is just that, with no in depth work undertaken. It takes on average 3-4 months just to buy a house, so theres no reason to be concerned at this stage over timescales.

I really don't think the DET have any more idea of progress than we have, so would take whatever they print with a big pinch of salt!

There is always concern over these takeovers, but as fans we can only wait and see how it turns out.

I bought my house from viewing it to moving in in 8 weeks, I didn't even have a mortgage when my offer was accepted, as it turned out I couldn't mortgage the full amount once I applied so I even had to apply for a bridging loan, I didn't even have a solicitor in place so had to find them as well, I was young and naive at the time I know, but come on it's been 8 months now. The fact we were told yesterday the hold up is because of a few public holidays in the UAE suggests it's just a case of signing on the dotted line

Mt Google, he say, they were still negotiating to buy Newcastle in mid June, so unclear where your 8 months comes from unless there was a lot of bad faith negotiating going on

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)