+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Swansea City Post Match Thoughts

It was like they had an extra man in 1st half, well they probably did actually
    How did Cullen get away without a booking?
    2nd half well better, better players on probably 😂
    Good to See Trev on pitch and had a good game, think I’ll give him motm because I can’t think of any other tbh

Ref was looking straight at the assumed handball but obviously he wasn’t going to give it
    It would’ve been a foul on keeper if that ball actually went over line.
    Still I’m not arguing over losing 1-0 against a good side

Quote Originally Posted by Nardendee View Post
    The problem is that Blackman can play as well as he likes but his howler cost us. 6’6” and flaps.Toothless in attack. Too little too late. Cant understand how Hurst gets in the side. Cant rely on ref giving a pen to save us, particularly away from home. Encouraging finish but must start Vassell and Freddie (if fit) on Tuesday.
    Swansea were there to be taken today but tactics cost us again.
    Bit harsh on Blackman for the goal. He came through a crowd of players and decided to punch rather than try to collect.
    Once he's punched it out where is the red shirt to clear it further upfield. Straight to a white shirt and his shot came through a crowd of players.
    Not his best performance and certainly not his worse on either.

Should have had a point in the end. We were better when tricky trev came on. If ladapo had been on the pitch the one the goalie dropped would have been his. The ref neshed it for the handball because he knew he would have to send the player off as well if he had given the pen. Goose should have scored as well.

The ref was wa nk as usual. How cullen escaped getting a booking for constant fouling I will never know but the minute Barlaser debatably fouled him he got a yellow card straightaway. There is no reason to believe that the refs in this league are being any more fair to us this season. Its always like playing against 12 men.

Hirst is not the answer. Even I was hoping smith would come on for him.

Nothing again from corners and free kicks.

Why is it we only had 7 subs today? We have 2 weeks to get players fit for this and 2 players were out Wood and Ladapo who were ok when we finished our game against Preston. Why do we knacker our own players up in training? It is feckin criminal.

The rest of the results were very good for us so we can't afford to slip up at QPR. And at least we weren't hammered which we would have been a couple of seasons ago.

MOM: Harding, Tricky Trev apart from one slip up in defence.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 21-11-2020 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mygiddypant View Post
    Have just listened to Paul on P or G. Congratulations to the man who has made a career out of being miserable - 10/10. His solution is to sign a Championship striker and, hey presto, everything will be hunky-dory. Give me strength!
    You beat me to it. Unbelievable comments! We have 12 points from 12 games and unlucky not to have more. We are doing ok, could do with a decent striker and I'm sure Warney knows that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nardendee View Post
    The problem is that Blackman can play as well as he likes but his howler cost us. 6’6” and flaps.Toothless in attack. Too little too late. Cant understand how Hurst gets in the side. Cant rely on ref giving a pen to save us, particularly away from home. Encouraging finish but must start Vassell and Freddie (if fit) on Tuesday.
    Swansea were there to be taken today but tactics cost us again.
    Tactics? Really?

Yet again Blackman cost us a goal. Useless, slow, uninterested, crap passer of the ball upfield, wrong decisions when the ball is in his box, his negativity seeps thru the team. Mark my words - this kid will almost single handedly get us relegated.

Quote Originally Posted by ronniesboots View Post
    Yet again Blackman cost us a goal. Useless, slow, uninterested, crap passer of the ball upfield, wrong decisions when the ball is in his box, his negativity seeps thru the team. Mark my words - this kid will almost single handedly get us relegated.
    Is this comedy hour?

Name:  EnXVLpWXIAMrRQh.jpg
Views: 703
Size:  8.6 KB
    If thats not a pen I don't know what is?
    I wunt mind but what would have happened if Icky or Goose had done that at the other end?

Feckin shocking...
    Last edited by rolymiller; 21-11-2020 at 05:45 PM.

Poor first half, better second, yes I know they had their chances in the second but so did we. How couldn't the ref see the handball on the line. Bennett shouldn't have been on the pitch anyway should have had second booking before then. The subs livened it up a bit but the quality isn't there.
    Blackman. Yes perhaps he was unsighted for the shot but the punch out was poor, I've been defending him but at his height he has to do better at crosses.
    Harding. Love him best summer signing for me did well either side.
    Olosunde. Needed taking off poor display for me, looked as though he couldn't wait to get rid of the ball.
    Ihiekwe. His usual steady game,
    McDonald. Looked to be back in the groove, should have done better with the shot late on.
    Barlaser. Only player in midfield in second half, butcorners were atrocious.
    Lindsay. Not his usual effective self good shot in first half, if hed caught it better would have scored.
    Crooks. What has happened to him, doesn't seem bothered to me, I like him but not like he is now, should have let him go to Forest.
    Wiles. Disappeared when brought inside then got more involved again when he went back wide.
    Josefzoon. Never really got going today, but not on his own.
    Hirst. He should be handy, big enough and plenty of speed but looks out of his depth.
    Clarke. I thought he did ok apart from that one mix up in the box, why are we mixing and matching and not playing him.
    Smith. Mixed it up a bit but where is the lad from season before last.
    Vassell. Waste of a shirt, however Warne thinks he can add anything in this league let alone come on and change a game. Suggest we off load to help finance a new forward
    Disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Edinburghmiller View Post
    You beat me to it. Unbelievable comments! We have 12 points from 12 games and unlucky not to have more. We are doing ok, could do with a decent striker and I'm sure Warney knows that.

There’s no coincidence that the lack of confidence comes with a keeper who is for too inconsistent I’ve never seen him manage a good punch out and he often drops the crosses he attempts to catch, Warne needs to make a big,big decision which has all sorts of possible repercussions both emotionally and financially but it needs making quickly.

I’ve always said that the players we have suits three at the back and two wing backs ! We have the ideal players for this system because our full backs are better going forward than defending ?

Then we just have to sort a strike force out !

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast