+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Swansea City Post Match Thoughts

Swansea City Post Match Thoughts

Well the pack was shuffled again, and then again and still to no avail. Match stats and result suggests it was a close game and we threw the kitchen sink at them in the end but still no goal from our 'strikeforce'. Results below us went our way so still 19th and there's still only 3pts between us and 14th. As Barnsley have shown a couple of wins and the world looks a different place. Question is, can we do the same?

Thoughts?

Thought today was poor in the first half but we rallied and took the game to Swansea in the second half. The commentators on TV both praised us for our display and admitted at times how much we had broke up their play and turned the game around. Praise indeed.

The thing is we need goals and I simply cannot see who is going to deliver them? Say what you like but Hurst brings nothing to our forward line, there I've said it, time for Smith to also move on, f.uck the tin hat let me have it.

Nice to see Clarke get a run out. Blackman pulled off some good saves. Errr.....errrrr.....errrrrr......all huff and puff with nothing to show for it. It's going to be a very tough season and I hope Warne is ready to move some players on come January and bring Kayode back in to the fold.
    Last edited by Brin; 21-11-2020 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Well the pack was shuffled again, and then again and still to no avail. Match stats and result suggests it was a close game and we threw the kitchen sink at them in the end but still no goal from our 'strikeforce'. Results below us went our way so still 19th and there's still only 3pts between us and 14th. As Barnsley have shown a couple of wins and the world looks a different place. Question is, can we do the same?

Thoughts?
    Tbh I was proud of how we stuck at it and really put them under the cosh that last 15 minutes. Lady Luck wasn’t kind but we can’t get away from the fact we just don’t have anyone who can take those half and even good chances in the side. I do think we are good enough to stop up and I think we will. However without a few players with that cutting edge all we will ever do at this level is struggle.

Harding is a great player, our best signing by an absolute mile.

...certainly played better 2nd half. Felt sorry for Hirst being asked to play on his own up top, looked lost. Blackman still looks dodgy as hell, Vassel???? still don't know about him, doesn't seem to do anything right. That shot with a minute to go???
    1st half Icky couldn'y kick it right, out for a throw in every time.
    MOM, Clarke when he came on, showed lots going forwards, not seen enough when he has to defend.
    With all the pacey full back, not Mattock, could 352 be the answer ???

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Thought today was poor in the first half but we rallied and took the game to Swansea in the second half. The commentators on TV both praised us for our display and admitted at times how much we had broke up their play and turned the game around. Praise indeed.

The thing is we need goals and I simply cannot see who is going to deliver them? Say what you like but Hurst brings nothing to our forward line, there I've said it, time for Smith to also move on, f.uck the tin hat let me have it.

Nice to see Clarke get a run out. Blackman pulled off some good saves. Errr.....errrrr.....errrrrr......all huff and puff with nothing to show for it. It's going to be a very tough season and I hope Warne is ready to move some players on come January and bring Kayode back in to the fold.
    Thought Clarke did really well Brin. Agree with your post pal in the main. How Vassel didn’t get a touch to force the ball over the line when their keeper dropped it I’ll never know!!

First half, abysmal. Absolutely no intensity to our play whatsoever, complete lack of belief.

Second half we harried and actually closed them down higher up the pitch, won quite a bit back and then we didn't have to go the length of the pitch like we would first half.

Looked at those we should have had a pen and then millers millimetres away from a tap in on the line when the keeper drops it. Apart from those we never truly looked like scoring, they were comfortable from set pieces with their keeper catching nearly all crosses.

Honestly think about sending Hurst back in Jan if we can and try someone else for 6 months. Usual striking issues, huffed and puffed but that break didn't go our way.

Play like we did second half for 90 mins at QPR and it should be a different story, fingers crossed

Agree Brin, poor to average first half and picked it up second half after the changes off the bench.
    We gave them far too much room out wide on both sides, tightened it up second half yet still come away with nil goals and nil points.
    Disappointing yet not too disheartened, we could actually have been 4 down at one stage of the game.
    The miss on 88 mins sums us up, half a yard out !
    I thought Clarke had a decent second half considering he's not played much.
    QPR Tuesday night........7pm kick-off.
    Last edited by CASPER-64-FRANK; 21-11-2020 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rileyev.the.third View Post
    Thought Clarke did really well Brin. Agree with your post pal in the main. How Vassel didn’t get a touch to force the ball over the line when their keeper dropped it I’ll never know!!
    Agree about Clarke

Have just listened to Paul on P or G. Congratulations to the man who has made a career out of being miserable - 10/10. His solution is to sign a Championship striker and, hey presto, everything will be hunky-dory. Give me strength!

The problem is that Blackman can play as well as he likes but his howler cost us. 6’6” and flaps.Toothless in attack. Too little too late. Cant understand how Hurst gets in the side. Cant rely on ref giving a pen to save us, particularly away from home. Encouraging finish but must start Vassell and Freddie (if fit) on Tuesday.
    Swansea were there to be taken today but tactics cost us again.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast