+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not pleasurable ...... ****ing STRESSED out

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    We will be a stronger unit when Mario arrives
    He's signed for vasco de garma

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    He's signed for vasco de garma
    Obviously a fk up by his agent. Mario requested a Brazilian team to laik fo and his agent came up wi 2 options- Barnsley and Vasco

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Obviously a fk up by his agent. Mario requested a Brazilian team to laik fo and his agent came up wi 2 options- Barnsley and Vasco
    Pass , you know the sad part of this is that Mario with more money in the bank than what he possibly needs could actually have done something positive in his career .

Head down and buying in to our club could have taken us up several levels in the championship which would have been attributed to him .

Money is money I guess but the glory is where it's at and you are a long time retired when it's over .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Pass , you know the sad part of this is that Mario with more money in the bank than what he possibly needs could actually have done something positive in his career .

Head down and buying in to our club could have taken us up several levels in the championship which would have been attributed to him .

Money is money I guess but the glory is where it's at and you are a long time retired when it's over .

A wo stunned initially when the news broke. On reflection and having had time to absorb it, a think wiv dodged a bullet if indeedit was ever really on.

Why at 30 years old, with all his ability does he not have a club? Tha can't trade on thi name alone, it catches up wi thi sooner or later.

Guin on his career a reckon if laikin wi the likes of Inter, AC, liverpool and City (top level champions league clubs) couldn't inspire him to knuckle darn and fulfil his undoubted ability then chances of him succeeding here and knuckling darn were zero. Also if he came here on treble the wages the other lads are on it wouldn't have gone darn well unless he put the required effort in which I very much doubt he would've.

Just another Mido in the making in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    A wo stunned initially when the news broke. On reflection and having had time to absorb it, a think wiv dodged a bullet if indeedit was ever really on.

Why at 30 years old, with all his ability does he not have a club? Tha can't trade on thi name alone, it catches up wi thi sooner or later.

Guin on his career a reckon if laikin wi the likes of Inter, AC, liverpool and City (top level champions league clubs) couldn't inspire him to knuckle darn and fulfil his undoubted ability then chances of him succeeding here and knuckling darn were zero. Also if he came here on treble the wages the other lads are on it wouldn't have gone darn well unless he put the required effort in which I very much doubt he would've.

Just another Mido in the making in my opinion
    Just my opinion Pass but I don't think the club were tempting him with big wages more giving him an opportunity .

I've seen enough of Mario to know he's significant talent over the years , you don't get anywhere near the club's he's played for without top class talent .

He could have done something here with his head right with the publicity to go with it , he could do it at Vasco too but who'd give a feck .

I think it would indeed have been another Mido type signing. Almost a laughing stock of a signing to be honest, because it would have brought the absolute worst out of the media circus that would follow him everywhere.
    Anyway I think his agent got it wrong, I reckon he told him he was going to Burnsley instead.

I think he said to his agent “I want to play in Brazil” and he heard that Barnsley was “Just like watching Brazil” anyone could have made that error?

Quote Originally Posted by Nozzer1953 View Post
    Winning games creates confidence in players. We perhaps would have caved in in previous seasons but they showed character. It was edge of the seat stuff, not boring, and I loved it.
    You had Woodrow tackling back on the edge of his own area and causing problems up front.
    I agree with previous posters that I think the 5 sub rule will work well for us. Young hungry players wanting to prove a point.
    We will need all the squad in the coming weeks
    Been thinking about this.
    As you put it - it was edge of your seat stuff - and that is why I think it was so stressful.
    The game could have gone either way.
    Even Big Val said it was a 50/50 game.

After a season of mostly losing - and the start of this season where we mostly lost - I think we need a break from it.
    Can’t we just have one game (just one) where we dominate the opposition and score 2 or 3 goals in the first 30 minutes.
    Its been so long since that happened I’ve forgotten how it feels.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Been thinking about this.
    As you put it - it was edge of your seat stuff - and that is why I think it was so stressful.
    The game could have gone either way.
    Even Big Val said it was a 50/50 game.

After a season of mostly losing - and the start of this season where we mostly lost - I think we need a break from it.
    Can’t we just have one game (just one) where we dominate the opposition and score 2 or 3 goals in the first 30 minutes.
    Its been so long since that happened I’ve forgotten how it feels.

QPR at oam. 2 nowt up after 37 minutes. won game 3 nowt. cud a been 10. In October.

Albert, have you forgotten or ignored the first 20 minutes of the QPR game, we got battered. They just didnt score.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12