+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Leeds United - v - Arsenal ***Matchday Thread***

This thread has evolved into the usual. Be nice for differing opinions to be discussed for a change...instead of ridiculed back and forward. Exactly why my contributions are very limited these days. Just ain't worth the heartache I'm afraid folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    This thread has evolved into the usual. Be nice for differing opinions to be discussed for a change...instead of ridiculed back and forward. Exactly why my contributions are very limited these days. Just ain't worth the heartache I'm afraid folks.
    As we say here in the US, the bottom line is:
    1. Leeds can play good football.
    2. Leeds cannot win matches in the Premier league without Kalvin Phillips.
    3. Leeds attack is greatly improved when Rodrigo plays
    4. Poveda has messed up at least 3 counter attacking breaks (against City and against Le Arse). Sorry had to get out some of the irritation.

There are plenty of coaches or managers out there who are doing a bloody good job
    Ralph at Soton
    NES at Wolves
    Moyes at West Ham
    Mourinho at Spurs may get a trophy
    Lampard is doing well at Chelsea
    Just a couple to mention
    MB is doing his job that's all nothing else
    Gets paid well had backing to get us up
    Wolves leicester palace zero points is not world class performance from any manager
    The press and Sky just get carried away in my view with MB hanging on a few words from pep and poch
    Granted we play good football some say basketball football
    But only my view you can pick flaws in his approach and buying policy
    Everyone has a view
    Mine is we should not go down
    If we cannot finish above fulham WBA sheff utd Burnley newcastle We will be deserved relegation fodder

I think it is like someone else said on this thread what your expectations are. Having stood on the terraces in the 80s and seen us during the wasteland era of Bates and what followed the approach and style of football is great.

Does that mean MB is perfect - far from it - but I can live with that given the pluses outweigh the negatives.

His failings which might be the flip side of his strengths are well known and include Plan A, Plan A and Plan A, stubbornness and a loyalty to certain players we can’t always fathom. However, he comes as a package and overall for me it works. I also like how humble he is and how he brushes off the platitudes.

I also sensed in the first half we played a little to plan A.5 in that we were slightly less hung ho and the press wasn’t quite as high as it normally is - possibly to counter leaving space at the back.

Just glad my glass is half full.

It will be interesting to see what happens a when Llorente is fully fit as he is probably the best defender in the squad and how we strengthen in Jan.

The noises suggest we are looking at a CM, GK and possibly Kent and /or another striker. Some of the kids in the U23 look ready to be given game time too - Jenkins, Huggins, Dramah, JG and Greenwood.

I like the fact we are a work in progress and that improvements come through hard work off the pitch rather than from just spending silly money to buy the worlds best players.

PS Anyone know what has happened to Summerville?

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    I think it is like someone else said on this thread what your expectations are. Having stood on the terraces in the 80s and seen us during the wasteland era of Bates and what followed the approach and style of football is great.

Does that mean MB is perfect - far from it - but I can live with that given the pluses outweigh the negatives.

His failings which might be the flip side of his strengths are well known and include Plan A, Plan A and Plan A, stubbornness and a loyalty to certain players we can’t always fathom. However, he comes as a package and overall for me it works. I also like how humble he is and how he brushes off the platitudes.

I also sensed in the first half we played a little to plan A.5 in that we were slightly less hung ho and the press wasn’t quite as high as it normally is - possibly to counter leaving space at the back.

Just glad my glass is half full.

It will be interesting to see what happens a when Llorente is fully fit as he is probably the best defender in the squad and how we strengthen in Jan.

The noises suggest we are looking at a CM, GK and possibly Kent and /or another striker. Some of the kids in the U23 look ready to be given game time too - Jenkins, Huggins, Dramah, JG and Greenwood.

I like the fact we are a work in progress and that improvements come through hard work off the pitch rather than from just spending silly money to buy the worlds best players.

PS Anyone know what has happened to Summerville?
    Jimmy Summerville good record small town boy

Good post with some great points
    Goalie for me is a must for back up

It was you that fecking started it in the first place . 😂 😂 😂

Quote Originally Posted by leedsutdman View Post
    It was you that fecking started it in the first place . 😂 😂 😂
    "Started"? Nah, that was BA!😉

Quote Originally Posted by leedsutdman View Post
    It was you that fecking started it in the first place . �� �� ��
    Think you might have the wrong Oz there....

Think you might have the wrong Oz there....
    Sorry mate I'm getting my whites and leeds mixed up.

Let’s just face it.
    As long as we have Bielsa, we’re never gonna pace ourselves and sneak 1 or win ugly.
    We’re gonna go flat out hell for leather from the whistle. If it works, well and good, if it doesn’t wer fked.
    Sure even our 0-0 draws are entertaining.
    Personally I’d prefer a more measured approach with a bit of guile and craftyness but it’s not going to happen.
    Not until Pep comes anyway

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)