+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Leeds United - v - Arsenal ***Matchday Thread***

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Actually was expecting another 4 goal "on the break" drubbing , so glad we stopped the rot. Only just happy with the point as really we should have won.
    Or have I got my expectations and my realism confused after 16 years of loosing my mentality.
    Spot on Billy - think we were a little more cautious with how we pressed until they went down to 10. Very good point and when Rodrigo and Poveda came on you could see their added class.

Think we took a good 10 to 15 mins to work out how to keep the pressure on 10 men after the sending off

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    What lunacy is this, grumbling we got a point against a well established premiership side?

We had just lost 2 on the bounce and only the woodwork and a good keeper performance for them, salvaged a point.

Anyone would have happily accepted a point from this game before hand plus we kept a clean sheet.

Definitely a lot more positives than negatives imo.
    Bang on FTW !

As Norfolk White sensibly stated regarding the Millwall,Luton,Stoke days I don't feel we've looked out of place this PL season and quite honestly anything can happen result wise let alone decision wise.

A few facts for the 'usual suspects' to digest ........ positive facts too.

This was only Leeds' third goalless draw in 101 league matches under Bielsa.
    Since Bielsa took charge of Leeds in 2018, they have kept 41 clean sheets in 101 league games (excluding play-offs), more than any other side in the top four tiers of English league football in this time.

Can we have 'considered opinion' before turning on players - some of which are still new to the club & system & are being mentored into becoming better players whilst integrating into the team framework to utilise their own developing skills for the benefit of all,a process that takes time may I add.

MOT

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    Bang on FTW !

As Norfolk White sensibly stated regarding the Millwall,Luton,Stoke days I don't feel we've looked out of place this PL season and quite honestly anything can happen result wise let alone decision wise.

Since Bielsa took charge of Leeds in 2018, they have kept 41 clean sheets in 101 league games (excluding play-offs), more than any other side in the top four tiers of English league football in this time.

Can we have 'considered opinion' before turning on players - some of which are still new to the club & system & are being mentored into becoming better players whilst integrating into the team framework to utilise their own developing skills for the benefit of all,a process that takes time may I add.

MOT
    Seriously MRS O? The players we had have been holding the fort the new ones have done squat. Face it MBs tactics arent working too well at the moment as the experienced managers are showing him up. In today's game, we should have well and truly buried a poor Arsenal side who like MAn city game had a lot of players out. Had a half with one player more and we still couldn't win sad but fact. I don't criticize players simply they do their best but aren't good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Spot on Billy - think we were a little more cautious with how we pressed until they went down to 10. Very good point and when Rodrigo and Poveda came on you could see their added class.

Think we took a good 10 to 15 mins to work out how to keep the pressure on 10 men after the sending off
    I thought we were more cautious and slow after they went down to 10. Wasn't much urgency.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    So no better than a Fulham side that was promoted via the playoffs and have had a worse start to the PL than just about ANY club promoted from the Championship? I suppose you can't expect to be disappointed when you have such low expectations.
    Obviously its a tongue in cheek comment WTF.

My only concern is we stay in the Premiership.

Before the match many of us would have taken a 0-0 draw after conceding 8 goals in 2 matches, especially against arsenal, in the end, many of us are disappointed with the result as we didn't win, but I'd say our performance was good for a lot of the match

Would have took a point and clean sheet before the game,but against 10 bit disappointing not 3

Has Rev pointed out next 2 away are tough

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    Bang on FTW !

MOT
    I'll take it that I'm included in the reference to "usual suspects" as I had the temerity to criticise the Brazilian wonderkid Raphina who (according to recent posts from other "usual suspects" was supposed to be our saviour). Seems from both the view of our coach and the rest of the footballing punditry, I'm not alone in my observations. My comments during the match were "considered", against the backdrop of one of our highest paid players getting a team mate booked (Dallas), with a first touch throughout the game that makes my granddaughter a more suitable candidate for the Leeds 1st team, one good pass and one good shot doth not a Leeds 1st team player make.

If he is "getting into the groove" as Tich put it, then FFS play him for half the game, then sub him for someone who already is? For the first half we may as well have had no right sided play, for all the good giving the ball to Raphina did. All remains the same until 10 minutes from the end and Poveda comes on for Harrison (why?), Raphina switches wing and now other than Alioski we have no threat on the left! (And against 10 men for most of the second half!).

As Oz has said, the players from last season are (primarily) those who have managed to do what has been done so far (some of which has been absolutely extraordinary I might add, win or lose). Rodrigo of all the newcomers looks to be the business and was very unlucky not to get on the scoresheet yesterday. Koch needs to get his head together and develop some spatial awareness (there was none yesterday, although tat might be a hangover from the drubbing Germany got from Spain, time will tell). Raphina? Paid a kings ransom for some reason or another, result? Meh.

I am blessed to get all of the games stateside and have a pub nearby to watch the games on weekends. Leeds is starting to get a following and we play the best, most entertaining football in the prem. It's easy to get people fired up about our team and playing style.
    I'm not sure what some of you were watching but Ralphina was a handful, Koch was steady as was cooper. For a team that gave up 8 goals in 2 previous we looked pretty steady considering how many we were sending up on the attack.

I'm not the lecturing type unless it involves turning over control of your life to some ruling elite that want's to control every aspect of your life and you roll over and allow yourself to be f7cked in the a7s but seriously some of you are crazed.

we come off 2 bad losses and run into an Arsenal team that was picked by some to contend for the league championship. We dominate the game and would have whether they had 10 or 11 men. Their keep makes some great stops and we hit the post countless times. We play several youth players including Meslier, Keep, Ralphina and Poveda and still dominate the game.

The pitch was slicker than whale snot and that directly affects out all out controlled passing game and yet still control the game. we also take it to them and punch them in the nose just like we did against Lpool, Man City and Aston Villa. I suspect we'll do the same against Everton, Chelsea, Tottenham and Scumchester.

I'll close by saying we are not relegation material and candidly did we think we were going to come up and qualify for Europe the first season. We are on the trajectory to become a truly good, if not great team, if we can keep MB another season or two. It helps we have a tremendous youth feeder system for the future.

Rant over.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    I am blessed to get all of the games stateside and have a pub nearby to watch the games on weekends. Leeds is starting to get a following and we play the best, most entertaining football in the prem. It's easy to get people fired up about our team and playing style.
    I'm not sure what some of you were watching but Ralphina was a handful, Koch was steady as was cooper. For a team that gave up 8 goals in 2 previous we looked pretty steady considering how many we were sending up on the attack.

I'm not the lecturing type unless it involves turning over control of your life to some ruling elite that want's to control every aspect of your life and you roll over and allow yourself to be f7cked in the a7s but seriously some of you are crazed.

we come off 2 bad losses and run into an Arsenal team that was picked by some to contend for the league championship. We dominate the game and would have whether they had 10 or 11 men. Their keep makes some great stops and we hit the post countless times. We play several youth players including Meslier, Keep, Ralphina and Poveda and still dominate the game.

The pitch was slicker than whale snot and that directly affects out all out controlled passing game and yet still control the game. we also take it to them and punch them in the nose just like we did against Lpool, Man City and Aston Villa. I suspect we'll do the same against Everton, Chelsea, Tottenham and Scumchester.

I'll close by saying we are not relegation material and candidly did we think we were going to come up and qualify for Europe the first season. We are on the trajectory to become a truly good, if not great team, if we can keep MB another season or two. It helps we have a tremendous youth feeder system for the future.

Rant over.
    Bang on.

Feel sorry for those that struggle to take the positives out of this season

We are back In the prem
    We play good football
    We have not done a Citeh and spent big
    We have added some quality where we needed it
    We have room to improve
    Bielsa - love the guy
    We have gone toe to toe with every side we play - sometimes it works sometimes it doesn’t - that is life and sport
    The improvement in players under MB is a joy to behold - look at Ben White - he is now doing okay but nowhere near how he came on when with us to prove the point
    All the pundits speak highly of us when typically we are the team people like to have a dig at
    We have some great youngsters waiting to come through

In these crazy times watching us play attacking passing football is one of the things which has kept me sane.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)