+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Leeds United - v - Arsenal ***Matchday Thread***

And why would I expect anything else, other than that you can judge the club and performance in whatever way you wish, and so can I, no matter how different those methods and criteria might be, and yet you question the validity of how I am judging? I could give you a whole host of analogies to justify judging on each and every match, and throughout the season (making course corrections on a wayward supertanker might be one), but why should I have to justify myself to you, any more than you should to me? I would prefer to say (as it is more accurate), that I assess, not judge, (one is usually a singular event, the other a continual process).

As for the conditions we find ourselves in, all teams in the PL play under much the same conditions, and have to overcome all the same issues (stupid VAR, no fans, international commitments etc etc etc). I would imagine that most assess their performance after each game, but I could be wrong. I'm pretty sure however that none will wait until seasons end to make "course corrections". I've mentioned in my other post, replying to Mrs O, the flaws in Bielsas coaching. It remains to be seen if (and how) Bielsa will react if the current trend continues.
    Last edited by WTF11; 25-11-2020 at 03:52 PM.

When people say bielsa has won nothing with us, does the championship title not count? Also countless managers tried for 16 years to get us promoted, he fell short in his first try, but succeeded with his second, if people wish to criticise then that's their prerogative, it seems some have short memories, I still shudder at warnock, hockaday, milanic, Evans etc, let's try and enjoy what we have and where we are, even if it may be short-lived.

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    When people say bielsa has won nothing with us, does the championship title not count? Also countless managers tried for 16 years to get us promoted, he fell short in his first try, but succeeded with his second, if people wish to criticise then that's their prerogative, it seems some have short memories, I still shudder at warnock, hockaday, milanic, Evans etc, let's try and enjoy what we have and where we are, even if it may be short-lived.
    Dream on mate - the doom merchants held off for seven or eight games - now back in spades, makes me sick reading the shyte thats spouted, used to just be the resident doom monger WTF - now he's got a couple of acolytes that have appeared pretty much since we where promoted.

As i've said before it's not really a surprise, used to sit next to one of them for years at ER his constant bithching and moaning at every single missed opportunity or sloppy pass led to fisticuffs and made me pack in my season ticket.

To those Bellends...Read em and weep... Marcelo in the 5 nominations for FIFA coach of the year.... sink that in... when was the last time a Leeds manager has had a sniff at that... incredible when you look at the other nominations with the teams and resources they have at their disposal....

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    To those Bellends...Read em and weep... Marcelo in the 5 nominations for FIFA coach of the year.... sink that in... when was the last time a Leeds manager has had a sniff at that... incredible when you look at the other nominations with the teams and resources they have at their disposal....
    Bellends how old are you

You clearly do not understand any point that is a touch different to yours........
    Clearly you cannot hold a debate and lack that intelligence
    Strength,s and weaknesses in any person exist if you cannot see that it is pointless discussion

You come across as a typical blinkered leeds fan
    Plenty of them and to be honest are embarrassing

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    He didn't get us promoted covid 19 did we were well-rested otherwise would have bottled it again anyway each to their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Dream on mate - the doom merchants held off for seven or eight games - now back in spades, makes me sick reading the shyte thats spouted, used to just be the resident doom monger WTF - now he's got a couple of acolytes that have appeared pretty much since we where promoted.

As i've said before it's not really a surprise, used to sit next to one of them for years at ER his constant bithching and moaning at every single missed opportunity or sloppy pass led to fisticuffs and made me pack in my season ticket.
    Seriously dude get a life as no one forces you to read our crap

Whatever you’re views I will be judging the team at the end of season... ie on his brief... to keep us up. (With the added benefit of entertaining) A club that is getting stronger both on and off the field. You cannot seriously be judging any team in this disjointed season to date. scum 10th Arsenal 11 and Citeh 12. Liverpool suddenly no longer miles clear... you think there is no connection with number of games individual players are making? The international breaks have added far more disruption and is badly impeding clubs supplying players to national teams.
    Scum and Citeh
    Dear me how old
    School ground stuff

Is there a open top bus parade around leeds for that

No mention of Scott parker up at the FIRST attempt
    No mention of Arteta a trophy after 6 months in to his first manager's job
    Brendan Roger's the brilliant job he has done at Leicester

I refer you to my posts #109 and #111. No name calling, despite your childish rants. I said I was trying to be more measured, both in terms of my comments and responses to the likes of you, Tich, and others, but as Klix observes, its hard to have anything like a rational discussion/conversation when all the response you get is childish name-calling.

No-ne (as far as I can see, is saying Bielsa is sh1te, the team are sh1te, and all is doom and gloom, but let's not fool ourselves as to the task in hand, nor the frailties of both the squad (depth, skill levels, ability etc) and our coach (stubborn, single-solution approach etc), none are perfect, no matter what nominations or increased squad value we might be able to point to.

BTW, for what its worth, the Coach of the Year award didn't exist before 2010, and has never been won by a coach from outside the top tiers of the various world leagues, so unlikely to have been in our grasp, n'est pas (although Bielsa was second n 2011!)?

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)