+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Leeds United - v - Arsenal ***Matchday Thread***

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Dream on mate - the doom merchants held off for seven or eight games - now back in spades, makes me sick reading the shyte thats spouted, used to just be the resident doom monger WTF - now he's got a couple of acolytes that have appeared pretty much since we where promoted.

As i've said before it's not really a surprise, used to sit next to one of them for years at ER his constant bithching and moaning at every single missed opportunity or sloppy pass led to fisticuffs and made me pack in my season ticket.
    I don't have "acolytes", not leading anything, my views are mine, and they change from time to time if there is evidence that supports such a change. You may disagree, you may have a more optimistic view, that's your prerogative, and I wouldn't criticise you for any of that, but it's shame you can't see objective criticism for what it is, just that, not doom-mongering. No-one, me included, is saying we WILL get relegated, just voicing concern over recent events, or perhaps like HO you would suggest that anything other than starry-eyed hero worship should be banned from the forum?

To be human is to err - ofc MB has failings but he has many strengths too.
    Yes our squad is a work in progress but so much work has been put in by Bielsa and team that is impressive. If we stay up it will surely get better still.
    Bielsa for all his stubbornness is a visionary of the game and one of those that influenced modern tactics worldwide so he can’t be that bad.
    Like many visionaries he seems somewhat blinkered to other methods but the solace in that is his method is to play good football.
    He won’t he here forever so I just want to enjoy it worts and all whilst it lasts.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    I don't have "acolytes", not leading anything, my views are mine, and they change from time to time if there is evidence that supports such a change. You may disagree, you may have a more optimistic view, that's your prerogative, and I wouldn't criticise you for any of that, but it's shame you can't see objective criticism for what it is, just that, not doom-mongering. No-one, me included, is saying we WILL get relegated, just voicing concern over recent events, or perhaps like HO you would suggest that anything other than starry-eyed hero worship should be banned from the forum?

I have never suggested anyone should be banned - I sometimes call people out where they play the man not the ball and criticise the poster for holding certain views.

Ozleeds bleated like a schoolboy when people called him out for criticising posters. Debate suggests a degree of cordiality often these ‘discussions’ descend into playground arguments.

A few of us were happy with the Arsenal performance if not the result Oz called us deluded amongst other things and then when some responded took the him. All I asked was that he not take away the enjoyment of others.

Simples

You bitches still bitching

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    I have never suggested anyone should be banned - I sometimes call people out where they play the man not the ball and criticise the poster for holding certain views.

Ozleeds bleated like a schoolboy when people called him out for criticising posters. Debate suggests a degree of cordiality often these ‘discussions’ descend into playground arguments.

A few of us were happy with the Arsenal performance if not the result Oz called us deluded amongst other things and then when some responded took the him. All I asked was that he not take away the enjoyment of others.

Simples
    Never said that anyone suggested an individual should be banned, but that views other than hero-worship were deemed unnecessary by some posters, you included (look back at #76 & #77. How can anyone "leave them be" (those who are "happy") if they post here with a differing view, ergo, don't post.

Can't see why making a comment about a poor performance, (and there were poor performances), is "taking away enjoyment". It doesn't take the experience away, simply casts a different light on it.
    Last edited by WTF11; 26-11-2020 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Never said that any suggested an individual should be banned, but that views other than hero-worship were deemed unnecessary by some posters, you included (look back at #76 & #77. How can anyone "leave them be" (those who are "happy") if they post here with a differing view, ergo, don't post.

Can't see why making a comment about a poor performance, (and there were poor performances), is "taking away enjoyment". It doesn't take the experience away, simply casts a different light on it.

Don’t mind different opinions so mind when people get slagged for stating them. I see pretty much the same key faults in MB that you do I just think the other positives outweigh that and not sure you do which is fine. I am unlikely to change your mind and visa versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    You bitches still bitching
    Seemingly so

Don’t mind different opinions so mind when people get slagged for stating them. I see pretty much the same key faults in MB that you do I just think the other positives outweigh that and not sure you do which is fine. I am unlikely to change your mind and visa versa.
    But you do/did (mind different opinions)! Your response to my post was essentially to suggest I shut up, can't see how your post can be interpreted any other way.

Yawn

To be human is to err - ofc MB has failings but he has many strengths too.
    Yes our squad is a work in progress but so much work has been put in by Bielsa and team that is impressive. If we stay up it will surely get better still.
    Bielsa for all his stubbornness is a visionary of the game and one of those that influenced modern tactics worldwide so he can’t be that bad.
    Like many visionaries he seems somewhat blinkered to other methods but the solace in that is his method is to play good football.
    He won’t he here forever so I just want to enjoy it worts and all whilst it lasts.
    Brendan Roger's would have won the league 6 years ago with liverpool
    His failing was going for Chelsea the SG slip
    All he needed to do was just sit back like chelsea and play out a boring draw
    Result the title
    I'm sure he wont make that mistake again as he has come back a far better manager
    MB has failings your correct, everybody has its knowing them and correcting them that makes you successful if not you just make the same mistakes everywhere you go.
    If MB would have had a better approach against wolves leicester palace I'm certain 3 points from that lot would be on the board now, zero points is a failing,that is only my view.
    That is no criticism of MB is just a observation
    The 1 year contract and him paying his own staff to me is barmy,if he goes end of season it leaves us in a very vulnerable position
    No player or manager is bigger than the club
    My stance would be 3 year contract or bye bye
    He may stay 3 years we dont know
    On pablo he shows a touch of disappointment in being subbed Result we dont see him again
    I dont want to see a player being happy and delighted at being subbed, just a little word in his ear and explain the reasons why,end of no drama

Do I want MB sacked.................NO

Did i think we would be top 6................NO
    Mid table or below mid table will be fine for me
    I would take 4th from bottom Now to be honest

Staying up is crucial carrying the inflated wage bill we have and players on these contracts could see another crash and the wilderness.

On another subject MB has to worry about Orta behind his back not a football forum.
    He will pull the trigger if we get in to any danger whatsoever to save himself from any Middlesbrough debacle he left
    Just for the record if you did not know and it is a fact not bull****
    Brentford away the draw 1 1 it was just not Poch in the stand looking on at his friend MB and nothing else.
    In the stand where the camera is situated was a certain Chris Houghton as we where ready to act on a loss that game was a certain game changer for us

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)