+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Leeds United - v - Arsenal ***Matchday Thread***

I think it's all about personal expectations, I'm very happy with what we're doing its more than I expected. I never thought for one minute we'd be perfect. As for the new players I really think we are better for them, so all in all I'm enjoying it and loving the compliments coming from everywhere. Happy days as far as I'm concerned.

So far so good but could be better points wise..we do play some cracking football.

Overall I am enjoying this season..thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    You were aware we were playing a team with a fair chunk of first-team missing, playing at home and playing a half with one more player. When is everyone going to come out Of The MB fairytale dream and come back to reality? Attachment 17569
    Back to Reality ?
    Without MB reality would be back to those moments like losing to Histon in 2008 FA Cup,Oz.

Totally disagree with your synopsis mate - just need to find that momentum again.

To regain momentum you have to start somewhere.Bielsa thinks possession played with momentum will create more opportunities/chances for success.Of course great goalkeeping,posts,crossbars and Var don't help but as each new opportunity/chance created comes along over the 90 mins it'll aways keep a positive confident mindset throughout the team.
    Leeds players have the faith that the next attempt on goal via possession is going to turn the tide.
    So that creates confidence and enables us to keep regaining our momentum and playing football without fear.That is what Leeds fans I know want to see and are seeing.
    The squad realise our attacking aggressive play helped us get into the PL and for one I don't want to see that 'fearless performance' philosophy/theory change.Following all the various teams we've put out over the years in a Leeds shirt this MB era has been a breath of 'fresh air' to travel,pay and watch week in.

C'mon lay off with the negativity - real fans stay till the end whatever the result.
    Like 'mutiny on the bounty' from some on here FFS.
    (But I do have a travelling complaints department for dissidents).

MOT

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    Back to Reality ?
    Without MB reality would be back to those moments like losing to Histon in 2008 FA Cup,Oz.

Totally disagree with your synopsis mate - just need to find that momentum again.

To regain momentum you have to start somewhere.Bielsa thinks possession played with momentum will create more opportunities/chances for success.Of course great goalkeeping,posts,crossbars and Var don't help but as each new opportunity/chance created comes along over the 90 mins it'll aways keep a positive confident mindset throughout the team.
    Leeds players have the faith that the next attempt on goal via possession is going to turn the tide.
    So that creates confidence and enables us to keep regaining our momentum and playing football without fear.That is what Leeds fans I know want to see and are seeing.
    The squad realise our attacking aggressive play helped us get into the PL and for one I don't want to see that 'fearless performance' philosophy/theory change.Following all the various teams we've put out over the years in a Leeds shirt this MB era has been a breath of 'fresh air' to travel,pay and watch week in.

C'mon lay off with the negativity - real fans stay till the end whatever the result.

MOT
    Yeah, what she said.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    Back to Reality ?

MOT
    So are you saying MB is the only manager out there
    Going back to the Histon days is a ridiculous remark
    The issue with leeds fans in General is you cannot criticise MB which again is stupid Nobody is beyond criticism and that is not being negative

There is no doubt we play good football, so did Bournemouth Wolves Leicester Palace a coach in the sunday league can tell you how they would set up. We set up the play right in there hands

All I hear is we are the fittest team,sorry a 32 year old Vardy ran us ragged.

God help us if young un in goal gets injured
    The bamford issue is not addressed, we have no back up please tell me the obsession with wingers at our club Why the hell do we need Ryan Kent
    Why did we not get Che Adam's or Watkins
    Every day we are losing money on Rodrigo
    Just because pep says good things about MB does that mean we have to hang on every word or decision with MB no it doesn't
    In my world a world class coach or manager wins trophies Have a conversation with Mourinho

This season only my view we are now at least 3 or 4 points behind where we should be

We are lucky there are 4 teams who are rank below us
    In a normal season we could be in the bottom 3 no problem
    I honestly dont think we will go down but this ****ology over Bielsa is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by klix View Post
    The issue with leeds fans in General is you cannot criticise MB which again is stupid Nobody is beyond criticism and that is not being negative

There is no doubt we play good football, so did Bournemouth Wolves Leicester Palace a coach in the sunday league can tell you how they would set up. We set up the play right in there hands

The bamford issue is not addressed, we have no back up please tell me the obsession with wingers at our club Why the hell do we need Ryan Kent
    Just because pep says good things about MB does that mean we have to hang on every word or decision with MB no it doesn't
    In my world a world class coach or manager wins trophies Have a conversation with Mourinho

This season only my view we are now at least 3 or 4 points behind where we should be

I honestly dont think we will go down but this ****ology over Bielsa is ridiculous.
    What exactly are you expecting, 16 years out and 9 games into a bonkers pandemic affecting (transfers/atmosphere/budget/training & prep/ fixture congestion) season... we should be top? Get a grip

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    What exactly are you expecting, 16 years out and 9 games into a bonkers pandemic affecting (transfers/atmosphere/budget/training & prep/ fixture congestion) season... we should be top? Get a grip
    Errrrr I said 3 or 4 points more not top

Sorry slap my wrists a tad bit of criticism on MB how dare i

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Being happy with how we play is different to being happy with being happy with one point from 9 but hey I guess you know that but just trolling again.

If you want to see crap hoofball then go and watch Boro or Cardiff.

If you thought we were going to tear up the prem week in week out then you are deluded. Fair to say but for the goals we completely outplayed arsenal - look at the XG - read the papers - are the praise from the pundits.
    There you go again, making assertions about what I would or wouldn't like, ignoring what I've actually written. I think if you look back at my comments pre-season, I voiced concern (to put it mildly) that we would survive in the PL, never mind "tear up the prem" as you put it.

I stand by those comments. doesn't take away from the enjoyment I get from seeing us play, said that many times, and I am delighted at the performances against the likes of Liverpool and City, but........when we play the likes of Palace and Leicester, and allow them 4 goals to our 1, the enjoyment is slightly tempered. Neither were particularly good sides, we flattered Leicester particularly, and should at least have come away with a point, but there's the rub, we have been found out, and the only reason Arsenal didn't take all the points on Sunday was that they are crap on the counter (or at least they were on Sunday).

"but for the goals"........you make my point for me (and please, no "we were unlucky, hitting the post etc etc etc", it gets very old, very quickly, we shouldn't have to depend on luck)

It was said last season, by many (for and against Bielsa) that his stubbornness and lack of a "Plan B" was not doing us any favours. Yes, we came up as champions, so the impact wasn't significant enough to stop us being promoted, but most would agree we are in a whole different ball-game (literally) now. There is no need for us to play hoofball as you put it, just develop an ability to do what others do to us, counterpunch rather than press all the time, after all we have the fittest squad, we should be able to run rings round the opposition if the players get the opportunity to catch their breath from time to time?

Quote Originally Posted by klix View Post

What he said, 100%

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    He said 3 - 4 points, not top. As with the likes of HO and his "you expect us to tear up the Prem" comment, and Mrs O with her comment about Histon, you exaggerate in order to give those who would disagree with the "sun shines out of MBs arse" mindset a kicking.

No, none of us expected us to be top, or tear up anything (You were somewhat aggrieved when I said we might not survive in a pre-season post, remember?). Scoring at the rate of 2 goals in four matches, (against less than stellar opposition), and very few in total (14 since seasons start), is inadequate, and no matter how beautiful our outfield play is, that must change or quite soon that faith amongst the players that Mrs O refers to will start to crumble.
    Last edited by WTF11; 24-11-2020 at 11:27 AM.

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)