+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: R.I.P Football

Still fuming over useless refs and the joke of VAR.

Is there any possibility for clubs to hand in formal protests!? Of course, there aren’t...

Question I have is who are these faceless muppets sitting in Shockley Park? Have they played the game? Are they proven independent? Is anyone checking the decisions they make in terms of bias? So many questions which are killing the game. Thought the Gallagher penalty was nailed on. Then in the lead up to their penalty, Gallagher was clearly fouled moments before - this was so clear to anyone ..... except the ref and the VAR muppets. Then Johnstone save was marginal.

I think VAR should be limited to goal line decisions. Much easier to assess and less contentious. The oenalty situation is a complete farce.

The Championship is a far better league but every club in it have one aim: to get to the top flight. What needs to be done is the top flight needs sorting out. I don't beleive officials go out to deliberately favour the big clubs, but I think they fear reprecussions from those clubs so lean toward them.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrera View Post
    Question I have is who are these faceless muppets sitting in Shockley Park? Have they played the game? Are they proven independent? Is anyone checking the decisions they make in terms of bias? So many questions which are killing the game. Thought the Gallagher penalty was nailed on. Then in the lead up to their penalty, Gallagher was clearly fouled moments before - this was so clear to anyone ..... except the ref and the VAR muppets. Then Johnstone save was marginal.

I think VAR should be limited to goal line decisions. Much easier to assess and less contentious. The oenalty situation is a complete farce.
    VAR nothing to do with goal line decisions that is down to Goal Line Technology when it is a matter of fact not opinion (unless it's the Villa)

Anybody with one iota of common sense realises that referees and VAR are now completely ruining the game. Yes, referees made mistakes prior to VAR but basically fans accepted it because we all know that referees, like players, are only human and do make mistakes. VAR was brought in to help them but it is doing the complete opposite. Why oh why did Coote have to look at a screen when he was in the perfect position and made the correct call? If there had been no VAR there would have been no 'hue and cry' regarding the decision. I have absolutely no confidence in the Premier League or the FA being able to sort this mess out. Corruption? Well it certainly makes you wonder.

Corruption in football, surely not? Actually, in all walks of like, business and sport, the more money there is swilling about, the more likely there is to be corruption. There is a lot of money at the top end of football and to think that the owners of clubs such as Manchester City, Liverpool, Manchester United, etc, are not lobbying the football authorities behind the scenes is naive. Lobbying in itself, of course, is not a corrupt practice but in all likelihood, these mega rich owners expect to have things go their way and ‘sportsmanship’ is just not on their agenda. The idea that football, especially at the top level, is free from corruption is ludicrous.

How did the old song go :
    The premier league is ****ing bent , the premier league is ****ing bent it’s full of cheats cheats and more cheats the premier league is ****ing bent

Can see in the future there will be a case, has big as the the Bronco Lane and Peter Swan, against people on the VAR panel.
    It is so easy for them to fix a match.

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    Can see in the future there will be a case, has big as the the Bronco Lane and Peter Swan, against people on the VAR panel.
    It is so easy for them to fix a match.
    I'd like an investigation of betting patterns, certainly. Great thread

Quote Originally Posted by Barrera View Post

They are not faceless muppets. They are fellow referees All looking after their own

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)