+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: R.I.P Football

R.I.P Football

Football as we all know it is dead, it’s all about VAR and the Refs, take a bow Premier League you have killed the sport

Quote Originally Posted by Bombers right foot View Post
    Football as we all know it is dead, it’s all about VAR and the Refs, take a bow Premier League you have killed the sport
    Could not agree more - no f***ing point playing these games - absolutely shocking ”performance” from ref and VAR! 👎

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishBaggie View Post
    Could not agree more - no f***ing point playing these games - absolutely shocking ”performance” from ref and VAR! 👎
    VAR isn't the issue it's the useless /cheating bas***ds using it.

Quote Originally Posted by saltnshake View Post
    VAR isn't the issue it's the useless /cheating bas***ds using it.
    Feel sick to my stomach. The game has been totally ruined by a hardcore of corrupt, hubristic officials who get their rocks off by pandering to the so-called big clubs !!!

After watching that despicable performance from VAR and the pitiful Ref I’m now convinced the games bent, the soon as the so called top six clear off to their own European League the better and they can take their refereeing mates with them

Something has to be done about this shambles. The most worrying thing for me about the referees and VAR is the fact I that it does make you think that corruption is involved. Surely nobody can be that inept! Oh, wait a minute though!

Quote Originally Posted by Bombers right foot View Post
    After watching that despicable performance from VAR and the pitiful Ref I’m now convinced the games bent, the soon as the so called top six clear off to their own European League the better and they can take their refereeing mates with them
    Totally agree

Quote Originally Posted by 1060Albion View Post
    Feel sick to my stomach. The game has been totally ruined by a hardcore of corrupt, hubristic officials who get their rocks off by pandering to the so-called big clubs !!!
    How beautifully put.

I think that every official be they a ref or running VAR should be made to take regular lie detector tests.

They should be asked if they favour big clubs or particular clubs.

They should be asked if they dislike certain clubs.

I honestly think that a few things should happen.

1/ VAR should be run from another country by people who have nothing to do with English football in the same way there are international referees at Cricket.

2/ VAR officials should be completely distanced from match officials for the whole of their employment........this cosy little club of corrupt and sycophantic referees and their hideous cabal need breaking up.

3/ VAR should be run by top ex pro’s from each country, ours would officiate European leagues and they’d do our division.

As it stands at the moment the whole thing stinks.

Quote Originally Posted by 1060Albion View Post
    The real issue is honesty and integrity. First let’s look at the West Brom penalty appeal. The referee gave it and VAR overturned it. This was a clear mistake and it proves that VAR is not actually working. VAR is clearly controversial and has been from its inception. Normally, if something constantly fails and does not work it would be removed. But because many of VAR’s failures go against the, so called lesser clubs, little or nothing is being done or most likely will get done.

So is there a bias towards clubs that are seen as the top 6? In my view there clearly is and that is ruining the game. So the next question is, is there cheating/dishonesty in the top flight? It is my view, the evidence would suggest strongly that there is.
    One further question is why and how this cheating occurs. Why is simple, it is because of the money involved and the, so called big clubs, ability to throw money where they like and at who they like. How, not so simple, but one should be looking at corruption, it appears, on face value, that something somewhere is not right and the FA need to investigate. They, in reality won’t carry out an investigation, we all know that, but if they did, it must be an investigation carried out by an independent party and it must be transparent.

Let’s face it FIFA was full of corruption as was Italian football a few years back, so we know it happens.

On another note, the Man United penalty, from the view I have seen, Johnson moved to his right along the line until the ball was struck, it was only the dive to his left, after the ball was struck, that took him forward. A great save and it appears with that limited view I had, it should not have been retaken. We all know the outcome would have been different had it been the other way around.

Corruption in the Premier League, from what we see week-in and week-out, appears a possibility. If it is corrupt let’s hope that someone somewhere investigates and gets it sorted one way or another, if only for the benefit of football alone. I won’t hold my breath though.

I stand by my belief that the Championship is the best flight of football in the English game. The money is poor but entertainment is top notch.
    Last edited by Baggiemadguern; 22-11-2020 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggiemadguern View Post
    The real issue is honesty and integrity. First let’s look at the West Brom penalty appeal. The referee gave it and VAR overturned it. This was a clear mistake and it proves that VAR is not actually working. VAR is clearly controversial and has been from its inception. Normally, if something constantly fails and does not work it would be removed. But because many of VAR’s failures go against the, so called lesser clubs, little or nothing is being done or most likely will get done.

So is there a bias towards clubs that are seen as the top 6? In my view there clearly is and that is ruining the game. So the next question is, is there cheating/dishonesty in the top flight? It is my view, the evidence would suggest strongly that there is.
    One further question is why and how this cheating occurs. Why is simple, it is because of the money involved and the, so called big clubs, ability to throw money where they like and at who they like. How, not so simple, but one should be looking at corruption, it appears, on face value, that something somewhere is not right and the FA need to investigate. They, in reality won’t carry out an investigation, we all know that, but if they did, it must be an investigation carried out by an independent party and it must be transparent.

Let’s face it FIFA was full of corruption as was Italian football a few years back, so we know it happens.

On another note, the Man United penalty, from the view I have seen, Johnson moved to his right along the line until the ball was struck, it was only the dive to his left, after the ball was struck, that took him forward. A great save and it appears with that limited view I had, it should not have been retaken. We all know the outcome would have been different had it been the other way around.

Corruption in the Premier League, from what we see week-in and week-out, appears a possibility. If it is corrupt let’s hope that someone somewhere investigates and gets it sorted one way or another, if only for the benefit of football alone. I won’t hold my breath though.

I stand by my belief that the Championship is the best flight of football in the English game. The money is poor but entertainment is top notch.

Totally agree with all that! All that effort and determination yesterday clearly wiped out by a cheating c unt in black! No wonder why thousands are turning their back on the game!

There are lots of things to work on but impressed in the last two games by the collective effort of the team. If Dowling sacks Bilic then somebody should knee cap him!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)