+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ratings - Chesterfield

Ratings - Chesterfield

Slocombe - 6 Could have done better with the first goal
    Brindley - 5 Not his best game, passing radar not pinging.
    Reeves - 7 Added some energy.
    Wootton - 6 Got a goal in a quiet but hardworking performance.
    O'Brien - 5 off key today.
    Turner - 5 Does some things so well but make me nervous.
    Doyle - 6 Worked hard and tried to get the offensive play going
    Roberts - 6 Looked dangerous at times.
    Boldewijn - 5 Below par today
    Rawlinson - 6 Good performance
    Kelly-Evans 7 Added some much needed mobility.

Neil Ardley - Had a plan B with perfect double substitution, the was team motivated to make a comeback.

Substitutes
    Graham
    Knowles
    Sam - 8 Saw good signs today,
    Rodrigues - 7 made an impact.
    Chicksen

7 for Kelly Evans is a bit high imo, stood off his man for the first goal and allowed him to shoot and got out muscled for the second.
    Agree with most of the others.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    7 for Kelly Evans is a bit high imo, stood off his man for the first goal and allowed him to shoot and got out muscled for the second.
    Agree with most of the others.
    We're lacking legs and mobility in that starting 11. Doyle, O'Brien and Reeves is too one paces and predictable and is the main are of concern. I'd like to see Wolfe or Rodriguez given some game time ahead of O'Brien who is poor

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Agree regarding the first, DKE and Enzio both stood off and made little attempt to close him down.

On the second however, I think it's harsh to blame him for being outmuscled when he didn't even come up to the shoulders of Denton. For me, that shows serious disorganisation at the back - clearly Turner should have been with Denton the whole game.

Read Leamington FC match report, the legs we need went there!! Sam Osborne is their outstanding player and if he continues at that level he will be moving back up to the National League, such a waste!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ThaiPie View Post

Neil Ardley - Had a plan B with perfect double substitution, the was team motivated to make a comeback.

Substitutes
    Graham
    Knowles
    Chicksen
    I actually thought DKE had a decent game considering he was playing out of position - most painfully highlighted when he had acres of space down the left flank when we were 2-1 down and literally ran the ball out of play because he didn't want to attempt a cross with his left foot.

Rawlinson was the pick of the defence for me, with Turner again prone to silly mistakes you wouldn't expect from someone with his experience. That said, his presence at free kicks and corners made us far more dangerous offensively, as shown by his assist for the first goal.

Biggest concern was the number of times our midfield conceded possession in dangerous areas. All three of them were guilty of it, but it was Reeves' dreadful pass that set up their second goal. Can't remember if that one came from when Slocombe seemed obsessed with rolling the ball out to the wing, even though it didn't seem the safest option.

No mention of Wolfe when Charlie Slater asked about injuries - I'm beginning to wonder if he even exists. We need a change because we're struggling in the centre of the park every single game. We also looked better in a 4-4-2 than 4-3-3 (surprise!).

Substitutes
    Graham
    Knowles
    Chicksen

Agreed on the whole. Also felt DKE was not a 7 nor for me was Reeves. seems to want to keep hold of the ball too long or play long Hollywood passes to no one in particular. Both he and Doyle far too deep. As others have mentioned here and elsewhere, until we change the Midfield trio we are going to be 1 step forward 2 steps back.. Also not sure what Graham , Knowles & Wolfe must be thinking as they cant get a sniff. Fair enough if we are top of the league not to mess with the starting line up but with our performances to date its a little odd and cant be good for confidence for those who dont get a fair crack of the whip
    Last edited by St Kitts Magpie; 22-11-2020 at 11:08 AM.

I noted that in the post-match media interviews with Chesterfield's interim gaffer, Ruben Rodrigues and Elisha Sam were picked out as two game changers for us, in the context that these were the type of players Chesterfield lack. So this backs up your assessment of them.