+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Preston(away)predictions

Preston(away)predictions

I have seen enough from our very disjointed display against Luton(last 20 minutes aside)to see we wont be winning at our unhappy hunting ground.
    I am going for a loss unfortunately and back to the pressure being on mr mowbray.
    2-0

2-1 to Rovers, obviously.

We never beat Preston. As poor as they are. Armstrong rarely goes a few games without scoring. Our defence is poor. Maybe a score draw? Depends how many drop out between now and the game.

I went into yesterdays game really thinking they would be good enough and would win with ease. That is a mistake that I wont be making again.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    I went into yesterdays game really thinking they would be good enough and would win with ease. That is a mistake that I wont be making again.
    Why were you so sure, Champs?
    Luton have beaten some decent teams this season, and it's almost impossible for us to get a settled starting-eleven at the moment.
    Dack, Holtby, Ayala, Williams, Travis, Evans, Bennett, Chapman all unavailable. Nyambe only at 90%. Various other players have been missing in the last month too.
    And now Joe R-C again. It's bound to have an impact.

Imagine if the match-day squad was:
    Kaminski Pears
    Nyambe Ayala Lenihan Williams Douglas
    Rankin-Costello Rothwell Holtby Travis Johnson Buckley Evans
    Elliott Dolan Dack Armstrong Brereton Gallagher
    !!!
    Last edited by AucklandRover; 22-11-2020 at 09:18 PM.

Pne 1 rovers 3

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Why were you so sure, Champs?
    Luton have beaten some decent teams this season, and it's almost impossible for us to get a settled starting-eleven at the moment.
    Dack, Holtby, Ayala, Williams, Travis, Evans, Bennett, Chapman all unavailable. Nyambe only at 90%. Various other players have been missing in the last month too.
    And now Joe R-C again. It's bound to have an impact.

Imagine if the match-day squad was:
    Kaminski Pears
    Nyambe Ayala Lenihan Williams Douglas
    Rankin-Costello Rothwell Holtby Travis Johnson Buckley Evans
    Elliott Dolan Dack Armstrong Brereton Gallagher
    !!!
    Where is Holbty? We could have done with him yesterday. Thats my complaint. Where are these people? Week after week after. It's good to ask the question wonder what it would be like? It would we great. No point playing Trybull right of Evan's left. Both are CM. Simple as that.

This Douglas based on what I have seen so far is no better than Bell. Bell is 10 years younger. I wouldve stuck with him.

Trybull is no better than Evan's.

Ayala will always be injured Aucks. So forget him. He is crap anyway.

Downing will add nothing and not improve us.

The keeper is decent. I like him. As is Pears.

This kid from Liverpool is ok but not improving us. Where is Dolan. Play him 80mins let the liverpool kid have 10 mins. Why are we developing other clubs players? Dolan has scored more. And isnt developing at the moment. Jack Vale was in the matchday squad. He is back and ready. Butterworth is now back too.

I would definitely play Gallagher over this Elliott now for a few games.

Of all the summer transfers only the keeper is ok. And the back up. The rest have not improved us.

So its about who comes back and when like Travis & Dack. Who we already had.

And things like Johnson diving in getting himself booked and now missing this game vrs Preston. We needed to go and win here. A senior player like that, getting booked so stupidly. And now missing when we need him.

Holtby disappearing. All these players constantly getting injured or Covid. Seems to be one thing after another. And always a reason why they arent performing.

Because that is what that was yesterday Aucks. Crap. Vrs a crap team. Who are above us. In a crap division.

So stop following this level of football, Champs, if you're expecting something more than what the Championship has been for years!
    I actually enjoy it for its unpredictability and evenness.
    For sure, I have been frustrated by some of our performances, but we've also put on some excellent, exciting displays.
    I don't understand who you're trying to blame for the injuries and illness. It's maddening, but it's no-one's fault!
    Then you criticise Johnson for doing what he does. Travis is the same, to be honest. You'd expect both of them to get a suspension at least once a season. Almost all "stopper" midfielders do.
    My point was that Mowbray has put together an excellent squad - just look at the 20 I listed. And outside that 20, we have all the others in the official First Team list. Waiting in the wings are Vale, Butterworth, Magloire, Grayson, Carter, Thompson, Brennan and others.
    I watched one of the Gibraltar games on tv, and this lad Annesley, who is a 6' 4" centre-back, played in midfield and put in a good performance.
    I think there is a lot to be optimistic about.
    Any team in this Division can suddenly win three in a row. (Hardly any seem to manage four!). If you do that, you shoot up the table. That's why I don't think predicting positions in May, now, makes any sense.
    Last edited by AucklandRover; 23-11-2020 at 09:33 PM.

So stop following this level of football, Champs, if you're expecting something more than what the Championship has been for years!
    For sure, I have been frustrated by some of our performances, but we've also put on some excellent, exciting displays.
    I don't understand who you're trying to blame for the injuries and illness. It's maddening, but it's no-one's fault!
    Then you criticise Johnson for doing what he does. Travis is the same, to be honest. You'd expect both of them to get a suspension at least once a season. Almost all "stopper" midfielders do.
    My point was that Mowbray has put together an excellent squad - just look at the 20 I listed. And outside that 20, we have all the others in the official First Team list. Waiting in the wings are Vale, Butterworth, Magloire, Grayson, Carter, Thompson, Brennan and others.
    I watched one of the Gibraltar games on tv, and this lad Annesley, who is a 6' 4" centre-back, played in midfield and put in a good performance.
    Any team in this Division can suddenly win three in a row. (Hardly any seem to manage four!). If you do that, you shoot up the table. That's why I don't think predicting positions in May, now, makes any sense.
    I dont watch much football anymore Aucks. I cant sit and watch games played at 20% behind closed doors. It is not my cup of tea at all. The game lacks every single ingredient as to what used to interest me. I dont watch any Champ football if Rovers are not involved. Its a poor standard. And I find watching Rover a bit boring. Its all stop start.
    We have been playing ok for 15 min spells for 3 seasons now.

He has built a decent squad. He has a very good academy. He has been given alot more money than Luton etc etc to build a decent squad.

Yet we are below the, look no better than them. And its a huge failure on the managers part we are heading backwards.

I think we have an appalling record with injuries, and I 100% questions the medical staff connected to BRFC.
    Like the players, the manager, they are second rate and failing at what they do.

Here is a prediction. They are due to finish with around 60 points.

Going backwards. Boring and I cant be arsed to argue with you and for you to me I am wrong.

You are happy with them treading water for ever more. You are happy to watch utter ****e like on Sat with 2 really poor sides not really having any real ability, unable to break one another down.

Bristol City just won 3 games in a row.

You are an expert on everything Aucks. You will NOT do this, as you do not ever answer any questions.
    You claim its easy to win 3 in a row. Anyone can do it?

Tell me this Aucks, can you tell me the last time Rovers won 3 games in a row?
    That will actually tell you what you need to know, and should answer your own question.

But you wont do that

Preston 1 Rovers 1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)