+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul McMullan

Quote Originally Posted by North_Coast_Arab View Post
    Will get shot down for this but I would rather have a Michael Gardyne type in there. Probably a season or two to late but a direct running player who always gave his best.
    A Michael Gardyne 'type' is fine. No need for shooting down. 😉

I liked Gardyne, good Dundee laddie, just in the team at the wrong time with a prick of a greedy b@stard manager who didn't like him

we should definitely be looking to get Jordan Jones in on loan in January. Has done himself a load of damage at rangers and needs to get back playing.....feeding mcnulty and shanks would be a decent prospect.....just need to deal with the rangers, which might be an issue!

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    I dont think anything that happened under Csaba can be brought as a reasonable argument in the case presented here!

Dinnae get me wrong, i dinnae think he is the greatest player we have, but he did provide something to the team last season, and he needs to be given the chance to see what he can bring to the top flight. I didnae think Clark would be any use this season, but top scorer and first name on the team sheet for me just now!
    I agree that mcmullan has something to offer.

I also don’t think we have anything better in his position. Pawlett I don’t like much and doesn’t produce the end product, goals or assists enough.

Under Caaba mcmullan actually started out of the team. Weirdly I think it was a great performance v St J U23s in the irn bru cup that made csaba realise what he could do and he played him a lot after that. Including in bigger matches like play off semis mcmullan has done well

I don’t think we should let a player go when we don’t have anything better in his position.

I consider Clark, McNulty and Shanks as forwards - they are all good. We don’t really have the midfield yet to supply for them

McMullan, Pawlett and Bolton are all in the same boat for me. Supposed to be our attacking threat, our creativity, but just aren't good enough. Would be happy to see all three gone at the end of the season if we can bring in upgrades but for now, we'll have to persevere with what we have.

Quote Originally Posted by North_Coast_Arab View Post
    Will get shot down for this but I would rather have a Michael Gardyne type in there. Probably a season or two to late but a direct running player who always gave his best.
    Not content with me making a chunt of myself the other day you go and add insult to injury.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Not content with me making a chunt of myself the other day you go and add insult to injury.
    great spot Terry

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    😂😂😂

McMullan is only 24 and had a great record in the 1st division, would be inclined to be patient with hm. He's had what, one league start this season? A goal or assist almost every other game down a level, he's coming into a different sort of team, not starting him as a natural winger. Genuinely not convinced we can sign much better, not much cash lying around. Got to stop running the crazy losses and be more appreciative of the talent we have from within.

When you look at the out of contracts around Scotland, there aren't really many options you'd think would be much of an improvement who we could get. Mostly hasbeens and then guys like McDaid and McCowan who are young but just average in that league right now. Would have liked Thomas but not paying a fee. Kiltie maybe but I think we'd owe compensation and think Killie will get him signed up.

I know he's injured right now but I'd start Chalmers ahead of him any day.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)