+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Paul McMullan

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Harkes has been played as a defensive midfielder. Totally incomparable.

I'd love McMullan to turn it on, but the fact of the matter is after 3 years of watching him do the same things year after year, I really cannot see him suddenly improving from a bang average Championship player to a Premiership asset.
    Ive tried not to become obsessed with Harkes and where he plays or how but he really frustrates me. How often can you take a potential attack trap the ball turn and pass backward killing all momentum? Needs to grow a pair although i am sure that's his instructions he has become a very frustrating player just now.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Agreed. 24 years old with 160 professional football appearances, almost 90 with us. He's not exactly young & inexperienced. The average age of the England team the other week was 23 ffs.

He certainly has a chance to stake a claim in this team as I don't think Bolton is much better.
    Robson was in a similar state got a kick up ass listened and has improved. Think he was younger though. I think his attitude is wrong and he doesnt want to be a winger but central. He needs to take his chance but i fear he just isnt good enough. Luckily for him we have very little options so he has chance to play. Dont expect miracles just small improvements game on game. Big opp for him

If he's going to play it has to be as a winger (at this level at least). Just don't see a contribution from him centrally, certainly if Saturday is anything to go by. The trouble is we don't often play with wingers, mostly wing backs or wide midfielders both of which have defensive responsibilities...
    Last edited by TerryTheTerror; 24-11-2020 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    A lot of people being quite unfair here towards PMc

He is the best we have in his position so we absolutely should not be looking to get rid, he is still coming into his prime years and has a lot to offer

Let's be honest, he was very good last season and the end of the season before, until the injury mid season, since the injury happened and before he properly got back to form the season ended for to covid then he got injured again and returned with a new manager, a totally new system and division

He hasn't even had a run of games yet to get himself into form, he was always better after a run of games in the team, he needs to get his confidence back aswell

He used to frustrate me with his end product but he did improve on this a bit last season and was easily the highest assists, he still has plenty to offer and offers something different when on form z he needs a run of games to see if he can find his place in this team, still a valuable player to have in the squad and not one I'd want to see joining a rival team or the fun /hertz

Plus credit to him for declining County, he wants to be at Utd and fight for his place, I hope he can do so and get a wee consistent run
    ^^^ This

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)