+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul McMullan

Paul McMullan

I suspect we have have seen him play his last game in a Tangerine shirt yesterday.................

Why you think that JM? I know he looked at a move to County earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by North_Coast_Arab View Post
    Why you think that JM? I know he looked at a move to County earlier.
    I thought he was poor yesterday. Frankly I thought he looked a bit like a boy against men - he really needed to bulk up a bit and he’s not done it. He’s had chances recently including yesterday and hasn’t taken them. No surprise his number was first up on the board when the subbies started...................

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    I thought he was poor yesterday. Frankly I thought he looked a bit like a boy against men - he really needed to bulk up a bit and he’s not done it. He’s had chances recently including yesterday and hasn’t taken them. No surprise his number was first up on the board when the subbies started...................
    I agree actually, I'm not sure he's capable of the required step up.

There was very little going forward before the changes started. He played ok up to them with very little service.

Most assists last season came from him. He has something to offer. Someone who can dribble and play an incisive pass.

I hope he continues to be given a chance.

I have thought a few times it must be Connolly’s last match like v Livi but he manages to continue to contribute

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    He played ok up to them with very little service.
    I know it’s all about opinions but I completely disagree with that and the fact he was subbed so relatively early suggest the Manager agrees. I know he produced a lot of assists last season but that was then in a different league, while this is now in the Premiership. I thank McMullen for his past efforts, particularly last season, but regretfully I’m not convinced about him in the top division and I suspect the exit door is beckoning.

Hes too hot and cold, mostly cold, i've never rated him, cant remember what poster i used to have a McMullan argument with, was after he was given a new contract which i questioned.

My opinion has never changed.

Roll on January transfer window where Smith will be out of contract, hopefully get shot of King and fringe players leave so we can add 2 x wingers

The problem with McMullan under MM is that we don't seem to play with natural wingers. whenever McMullan has played he has been played more central which doesnt suit him. we got the best out of him under RN because he mainly stood out wide and told to attack the FB and get crosses in. (most of which wouldn't reach the target in fairness)

I personally feel MM is setting McMullan up for failure by playing him in positions that doesn't suit him. MM seem's to happily give guys a chance then bomb them out the team as soon as they don't do great whilst other players can get 5/6 games being poor before even getting considered for getting dropped. Harkes/Pawlett/connolly main examples of this.

I'm not McMullan's biggest fan but i hate when we see a player who has shown in the past that he can hurt teams and be a big part of the team getting thrown out and getting half chances to show what he can do. Cammy smith was the same. Both wont be here after Jan. (and will probably come back to haunt us)

is he any worse than Bolton?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)