+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Away again QPR v Millers Tues 24th

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    I just don't really buy the whole 'playing away' stuff when there are no fans at the ground. Be bold, get two strikers on to start, we would have an extra centre half in reserve. Wingers on the bench and 5 subs to change it up. We wouldn't be locked into that formation and QPR shouldn't overrun us. Get at them early
    No neither do I

We seem to have the “little old Rovrum” inferiority complex

Team selections and tactics designed to contain, rather than adventurous

It even spreads to the fans with the “ we did well considering the budget the opposition have” type comments

When whistle goes it’s 11 v 11

Warne as to get his team going for the juglar, be brave play 2 up front, my choice being Smith & Ladapo to start, we need 3 points to open the gap from the teams below us, we were dealt a good hand on Saturday, as we only conceded 1 goal against a team going for promotion, & teams below did not pick up 3 points.

...i think the only way he would ever consider playing 2 up front from the start is if we tried 3-5-2......Harding and Clarke to start, and Miller and Flo jo to come on if we're losing and going for it last 15 mins, or they run out of stream.....

I might not bother with iFollow this time, it clashes with Das Boot on the tv

More chance of seeing the full quota of subs

Millers Time, This is almost Winston Churchill talk, I've cold shivers running down my legs,.! Well said.! !

I can understand Warnes tictacs, playing one up front stops us being overrun in other areas of the pitch. Secondly, all our strikers are non-goal scoring strikers with the possible exception of Freddie by playing two up top your are effectively depriving a midfielder of his livelihood.

Playing a striker in a midfield position may be the answer as it will placate some on here, and Smudge is the best crosser at the club

With our squad and injuries 3 5 2 would be formation to try escpicially with the 5 subs allowing tactical.formation change.
    So for me the gk has to be johannesson
    Defence
    Ikky macdonald wood if fit otherwise thomson
    Rwb harding lwb clarke
    Barlaser in middle of midfield bwtween wiles and lindsey
    Then two our 4 strikers
    Crooks isnt upto starting for what ever reason

I've been thinking about the suggestion by some we should play 3-5-2.

Initially i was sceptical seeing as we tried three at the back away at Hull two seasons ago, had a poor first half and were 2-0 down at half time, but Warney changed things at half time and it finished 2-2. However, i also understand we have a team (particularly with those available at present) more suited to 3-5-2 than we did last time in the Championship. Also, we desperately need to create more chances and score more goals.

Bearing these factors in mind my team tomorrow would be:

3-5-2

Johansson
    Ihiekwe, A.Macdonald, Wood
    Harding, Wiles, Barlaser, Lindsay, Clarke
    Ladapo, Vassell

i.e. i agree with Hillsborough Miller on the starting XI, but i would be keen specifically to start with Ladapo and Vassell.

Yes we can make 5 substitutions but the starting XI is important in determining who scores the first goal (i reckon our record in away matches after conceding first is pretty poor - not saying we always hold on to leads either of course but i would suggest our win percentage is significantly greater than in the former scenario). If Warney doesn't want to play 3-5-2 i would play as follows

4-3-3

Johansson
    Harding, Ihiekwe, Wood, Mattock,
    Wiles, Barlaser, Lindsay
    Jozefzoon, Ladapo, Vassell
    Last edited by ackworth miller; 23-11-2020 at 05:56 PM.

3-5-2 would do for me as well.
    Not too fussed which two strikers play maybe Ladapo and Hirst.
    I would settle for a point although the same score as last time would be great.

3-5-2 is difficult to play in this league. Players are generally quicker and smarter and are capable of threading a pass behind the 5 into the areas that would normally be occupied by the traditional left and right backs. This then stretched the back three.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast