+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Away again QPR v Millers Tues 24th

Away again QPR v Millers Tues 24th

18th v 19th
    We’ll probably see Dom Ball who imo would’ve done well staying with us.

A winnable game but we’ve just got to set up to score goals, it’s ok going one up front IF they get the help from midfield, playing Hirst on his own with no help was never going to result to much.

I’m just going to throw this out there, 2-0 Millers win

QPR were the first football club to replace grass with artificial pitches in 1981, and they were the first club to remove them in 1988.
    Last edited by millertop; 22-11-2020 at 09:29 AM.

QPR have started rather poor this season and I see them as another fairly large club in a false position. Let's hope they don't see us as the whipping boys and take the points.

Yesterdays game was a good example of the new 5 subs rule, as it showed us playing a far better half than the first one. I just hope Warne
    doesn't start with Hurst and Ladapo is fit and raring to go. Don't know what it is but, we always seem to play more solid at the back with Wood
    in the side. Maybe he too might start for us.

One thing is for sure, we're more than a quarter of the way through the season and only 4 points out of the bottom 3 so we 'have' to start getting points form somewhere and maybe just maybe QPR is the place to get them from.

A bit disappointing we,ve been scheduled with another long away trip.
    Presumably the players will have today off with some like Smudge not getting home until past midnight this morning
    Back in tomorrow for training and then setting off again on Monday afternoon for an overnight game.
    Back home in the early hours of Wednesday morning and then another game to prepare for on Saturday.

I know other clubs have to do it but it's no surprise we,ve got injuries and players are tired. Tired from travelling and poor sleep not necessarily tired from playing. Fatigue can lead to more injuries and lack of concentration and daft mistakes. We know all about that

The football authorities should have cancelled this years League Cup which took up most of September and the recent break to accommodate a C list friendly and this daft Nations league to allow four teams to play another meaningless mini tournament in ten months.
    Midweek games could then have been spread out a bit more

Yes 2-0 Millers
    Dom Ball got hauled off yesterday

We looked better when Clarke came on, Smith also. A McDonald was one of our better players yesterday. Think that's a sign of weakness playing Wood. Got to phase him out, get Cooper back in January along with Kayode. We are playing Wiles can't see the difference. Wiles he works hard but he hasn't nailed a position down yet that's his.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    We looked better when Clarke came on, Smith also. A McDonald was one of our better players yesterday. Think that's a sign of weakness playing Wood. Got to phase him out, get Cooper back in January along with Kayode. We are playing Wiles can't see the difference. Wiles he works hard but he hasn't nailed a position down yet that's his.
    I get the impression that you believe in youth can save the day, this is not always correct. You say phase Wood out, he is by far our best central defender alas that the years have caught up with him. He's still good enough for this season, trust me on this one.

Kyode, I agree get this lad back as what we are delivering up front of late is poor, not always the players faults either. Warne should take some blame playing Hurst up front on his own yesterday. Anyway, he's already stated he doesn't favour two up front in this league. That's a bottler in my book as some games demand two up front but, if you ain't going to use that formation then expect to score little or no goals and face relegation.

Looking back quickly I think I was too harsh on hirst yesterday. He did win a fair few free kicks whilst playing up front on his own against 3 centre backs. Very little service, even less support in a first half performance that was woeful. He did OK really.

How about a 3-5-2 for midweek? I know it's been muted. Woody has surprised again, no idea how but we do look more solid with him in the team, we just have to protect him as best we can with balls in behind. Clarke to use his pace for this?

Get wing backs flying up and down, 3 in the middle and then we can get two up top. I'd give smithy and ladapo the nod if all available.

Zoon and Miller off the bench to freshen or switch formation and I'd give Wilesy a breather, looked cream crackered yesterday.

if we did play 3 5 2. I would have Tricky trev as one wing back and Harding as the other. I would doubt Wane would play 3 5 2 away from home than because he has said he wunt. Could work in the home games tho.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    if we did play 3 5 2. I would have Tricky trev as one wing back and Harding as the other. I would doubt Wane would play 3 5 2 away from home than because he has said he wunt. Could work in the home games tho.
    I just don't really buy the whole 'playing away' stuff when there are no fans at the ground. Be bold, get two strikers on to start, we would have an extra centre half in reserve. Wingers on the bench and 5 subs to change it up. We wouldn't be locked into that formation and QPR shouldn't overrun us. Get at them early

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    I just don't really buy the whole 'playing away' stuff when there are no fans at the ground. Be bold, get two strikers on to start, we would have an extra centre half in reserve. Wingers on the bench and 5 subs to change it up. We wouldn't be locked into that formation and QPR shouldn't overrun us. Get at them early
    Stop talking common sense, they'll have you banned for this.

Even if we carry on with one up front there can still be two strikers on pitch with Vassell on LW

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast