+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Sam Osborne

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Life's too short
    It's the longest thing you'll ever do.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    He’s scoring 1 in 3 games 2 leagues above us.
    Maybe. But that is a stat in decline given his goal ratio this season.

The interesting thing about this whole thread and people’s thoughts on youth does raise a question. Why do young players that come through our academy get more patience? Yet young players brought in, I will use Sam as my example, are deemed crap after 8 minutes of football? Another player deemed crap by many on here who is also playing League 1 is that Virtue fella we had on loan.
    Very few former youth players that have been released by Notts and have gone on to better things. That is a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    The interesting thing about this whole thread and people’s thoughts on youth does raise a question. Why do young players that come through our academy get more patience? Yet young players brought in, I will use Sam as my example, are deemed crap after 8 minutes of football? Another player deemed crap by many on here who is also playing League 1 is that Virtue fella we had on loan.
    Very few former youth players that have been released by Notts and have gone on to better things. That is a fact.
    Here we go again.

I think we have been here before!

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Here we go again.

I think we have been here before!
    I must have missed it. What were peoples thoughts? Feel free to summarise for me so I get the jist. Thanks for the pointless reply though. Glad you took the time.

I must have missed it. What were peoples thoughts? Feel free to summarise for me so I get the jist. Thanks for the pointless reply though. Glad you took the time.
    We have been through it many times!

One poster in particular (can't remember who?) told us endlessly about all the young stars we released and how they've gone on to far better things.

Bishop was here several years ago and had to drop down (to Leamington!) for several seasons part time.

When Virtue-Thick was with us he WAS crap. Perhaps he isn't now, and it's not his fault but Hardy did him no favours by announcing his arrival as if he was a midfield dynamo, guaranteed to inject quality because he came on loan from ta-da! Liverpool. I think at the time Hardy still had some credibility and the fans were expecting more than they got.

Aside from fans normally giving more time to ‘one of our own’, isn’t all that to do with the fact that Sam is 23 whereas young players coming into the team are well, young, normally 18-19. Virtue was similarly 22-23, and never looked good for us, although he was always going to have a difficult time when being seen as the direct replacement for Ryan Yates.

Yeah prolific with his 1 goal in 10 games this season
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    He’s scoring 1 in 3 games 2 leagues above us.
    Correct and he has 2 goals now in 11 not all starts either.

Its ok we couldnt possibly blood youth in league 2 as they arent good enough old heads will stop us being relegated been a great tactic over the last decade id say.

Yeah prolific with his 1 goal in 10 games this season
    Virtue is a good player we just didnt use him right again proven by him playing in league one.

Sure someone will pop along to tell me he is hopeless soon whilst we have OAPs waddling along in our midfield.

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast