+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Sam Osborne

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Are we going to get updates on Sam Osborne every week?

If he's doing great at Leamington I'm pleased for him it's what his career needed, regular football.
    Why not. The lad is doing well and it is good to read updates on our past players.

IT seems that Ozzy was having another good game. The below is taken from the Bradford Telegraph and Argos.

You will not see a much better goal at this level.

It was totally against the run of play as Hibbs almost levelled matters at one end before the visitors raced up the other and blasted in from distance.

Osborne the scorer again, he has looked a class above.

Link to the blog:- https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co....-3-leamington/

Can’t believe we’ve a 13 page thread on Sam Osbourne. He has some talent yes, we offered him a contract (probably at the level he’d earned and taking current situation into account). He chose to leave and he’s doing well. Get over it ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    He signed 2 young centre backs and a keeper in our relegation season and put them all straight in. Just cos you’re young and from Notts doesn’t give you the right to have more game time. Probably similar to Grant at forest in Forest fans eyes, looked a world beater for us for while and then he went off the boil and then found his level below them. It’s quite a drop in level below the NL with the majority being part time.
    I think the first two words in that first sentence sums it up perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by CamPie View Post
    Can’t believe we’ve a 13 page thread on Sam Osbourne. He has some talent yes, we offered him a contract (probably at the level he’d earned and taking current situation into account). He chose to leave and he’s doing well. Get over it ffs.
    Apologies, 14 page thread.

Cool, can someone also do one for all the ex-Pies at Boston makes sense with them having so many ex Notts players. Kill 4 or 5 birds with 1 stone.

Sam is scoring lots of goals and producing man of the match performances in the League below...now who does that remind me of...oh yeah...

Cal Roberts.

I would rather have held on to Osbourne than signed a player who can't get in Harrogate's side on a pointless loan. He just needed more games. You can't expect a player to learn if you don't play him.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Cool, can someone also do one for all the ex-Pies at Boston makes sense with them having so many ex Notts players. Kill 4 or 5 birds with 1 stone.
    Why dont you do one ? You always seem to have something to say on these mattters..

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    Sam is scoring lots of goals and producing man of the match performances in the League below...now who does that remind me of...oh yeah...

Cal Roberts.

I would rather have held on to Osbourne than signed a player who can't get in Harrogate's side on a pointless loan. He just needed more games. You can't expect a player to learn if you don't play him.
    We offered him a contract. We didn’t get rid of him. Should we have broken the bank to guarantee his signature? No. I liked him as a player but based on his performances last season at 23 I trust we offered him what we thought he was worth as a second string behind Roberts and Enzio and he decided to move on. Good luck to the lad, really glad he’s doing well, but is he worth all this chat? No.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    He signed 2 young centre backs and a keeper in our relegation season and put them all straight in. Just cos you’re young and from Notts doesn’t give you the right to have more game time. Probably similar to Grant at forest in Forest fans eyes, looked a world beater for us for while and then he went off the boil and then found his level below them. It’s quite a drop in level below the NL with the majority being part time.
    Signing players on short term loans from premier league clubs in the middle of what turned out to be a relegation season is a whole different thing to giving your own young players who’ve come through your own ranks a fair chance. As you probably know. What was the average age of the team against Borehamwood?

Whatever your view, not doing enough to keep Osborne has turned out to be a poor decision. Not doing enough to keep Kristian Dennis had turned out to be a poor decision. As lots of people said at the time. Ardley doesn’t make poor decisions in hindsight. He makes poor decisions that a lot of people know at the time are poor decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by CamPie View Post
    Totally agree.
    I really don't get this obsession with S.O.
    He scored a couple of good goals but was pretty anonymous in most of the games I saw.
    It's similar to the references to Grealish and McGregor. Very very good players who gained experience at Notts.
    They were not our players and with that amount of talent, were always to make it to the big time. They owe Notts nothing.
    I would be more concerned about some of the current newer Notts players who are hardly setting the National League on fire.
    Just my 2 cents.

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast