+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Sam Osborne

I liked Osbourne and he had some flashes of really quality but in some games last season you couldn't fail to see how often he gave away possession cheaply.

Personally I wasn't bothered whether we kept him or let him go, would prefer to have kept him but instead of Enzio or signing Rodriguez for example.

As for Doyle, I haven't seen enough this season to say he's the worst of the midfield but last season he was better than Rose for the vast majority of the season. No doubt about in my mind

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    But he is far better than any of those loan players we have recently signed. Inc some of the permanent signings..
    Far better? Go on... have you seen enough of the loan signings to make that judgement.

Even if you are right and he's better cos he's tearing it up against Curzon , you can't get every transfer dealing right. The aim is to get more wrong than right, which we clearly did last season as I'm sure even a negative nelly like yourself would admit

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Even if you are right and he's better cos he's tearing it up against Curzon , you can't get every transfer dealing right. The aim is to get more wrong than right, which we clearly did last season as I'm sure even a negative nelly like yourself would admit
    I think most of our transfer dealings since Football Radar (FR) got involved have been good ones, and if there are exceptions, they seem to be the ones that appear to have been made through the more old-fashioned (i.e. non-FR) route, like Greg Abbott's previous contacts!

My anger about Sam Osbourne is that we had quite correctly identified his talent and signed him from Dunkirk under the previous owner, and then having developed that talent to the point where he was breaking into the first-team and doing well, we let him go!

I hear you jackal2 but he never did enough for me to get angry about being let go.

I'm desperate like most fans I'm sure that a youngster we develop succeeds and becomes a first team regular just not sure Sam was that man.

Delighted he's playing regularly and performing well at a lower level.

He is a raw talent he WONT be the finished article yet he is only 19-20.

Reading comments like he gave the ball away of course he did he is an attacking player and they take risks.

The problem isnt Doyle/Reeves/O'Brien in our midfield it is playing all three together, why did we sign Wolfe if we arent going to play him ?

We won yesterday which is great but we need more youth/energy in the side.

Agree with we need more energy in the side that's been a constant valid criticism. I would only play 2 of those 3 also at any one time

It was more than that legs Osbourne gave it away needlessly once too often, didn't look after the ball which is key especially away from home.

I assume Wolfe isn't showing enough in training to warrant a place. Or he will never get in ahead of the manager's favourite. Maybe a bit of both who knows?

Osbourne is not a centre mid I get that but does he give the ball away more than Enzio/Cal.

To sign a player from the championship and not play him tells me he is a duffer or he wasnt scouted properly Barnsley cant be happy with us at all.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Agree with we need more energy in the side that's been a constant valid criticism. I would only play 2 of those 3 also at any one time

It was more than that legs Osbourne gave it away needlessly once too often, didn't look after the ball which is key especially away from home.

I assume Wolfe isn't showing enough in training to warrant a place. Or he will never get in ahead of the manager's favourite. Maybe a bit of both who knows?
    Agreed. The 3 players individually I think are good , but the 3 together is a problem. We have just changed Reeves for Rose and they will always play fitness permitting and we know that this has been a problem with NA since day 1.But the Wolfe problem is just repeat of Crawford as no one can dispute what we never see in training. However he did say Sam & Knowles have been flying in training but cant get much game time ( I know Sam played Tuesday night). Just like to see Wolfe given a proper chance so we can see what he has to offer

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Doyle was a player for the here and now about ten years ago. I failed to see his overwhelming, game changing influence on the team when it mattered most in the play-off final or in some of our other recent poor performances. In fact, he sometimes looks like a helpless passenger akin to Ian Hamilton a few years ago. Even yesterday's turnaround could be credited more to Ruben and Sam than to Doyle, who was on the pitch when we gave away a one-goal start.
    Yeah but no ones doing anything yet this season. I think it’s unfair to say he was only decent 10 years ago as Cov fans would certainly disagree from just a 3 or 4 years ago, the guys a freak of nature fitness wise for his age. I would love to have a young players blossoming for us but they have to be good enough. It’s a tough one for any manager do you continually play youth with the hope they become more consistent but results suffer short term or do you go with the tried and trusted, it’s not an easy one especially for managers, as we are seeing now a few bad performances and everyone’s calling for his head, which is the same for a lot of clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Osbourne is not a centre mid I get that but does he give the ball away more than Enzio/Cal.

To sign a player from the championship and not play him tells me he is a duffer or he wasnt scouted properly Barnsley cant be happy with us at all.
    Probably about the same tbf but Enzio and Cal have far more end product. Now thats both opinion and fact.

Why are we bothered about how Barnsley feel??? I'm sure the two managers are in regular contact on how he is doing, if they aren't happy they can recall him.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast