+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Sam Osborne

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    Now Ardley is the first team manager his job is on the line which is why he keeps playing his 'trusted' players even though they took us down. He can't bring himself to be brave and try something that might work better but might cost him his job if results get worse. Different situation completely to when he was academy manager.
    Yes indeed, there's a lot more at stake in this job. Fair point.

It's an interesting dilemma mate and he's not the only manager to go through it. How often do we hear should they play the youngster who on his day can be better but can be inconsistent or do you play the old pro who won't give you a 9 out of 10 performance but a solid 6 or 7. It's a tough choice but at the same time sticking with the old pros can be more detrimental to your job security and also stops the development of a player who if trusted might do wonders for your team. I think the over reliance on some of our old guard does hurt him overall, I would like to see Wolfe (if fit?) given a chance and Turner isn't doing himself any favours lately either.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    It's an interesting dilemma mate and he's not the only manager to go through it. How often do we hear should they play the youngster who on his day can be better but can be inconsistent or do you play the old pro who won't give you a 9 out of 10 performance but a solid 6 or 7. It's a tough choice but at the same time sticking with the old pros can be more detrimental to your job security and also stops the development of a player who if trusted might do wonders for your team. I think the over reliance on some of our old guard does hurt him overall, I would like to see Wolfe (if fit?) given a chance and Turner isn't doing himself any favours lately either.
    Nail hit firmly on the head. It’s definitely about finding a balance. When it comes to Osborne I think we can all agree that Cal Roberts is a better short and long term option. With regards to other positions I would like to see a younger centre midfielder in with the experience, if Wolfe has the ability then why not give him a run next to the likes of Doyle. He would learn more playing with him not instead. Same for Rodrigues.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    If the statement put out when he left is to be believed which states "Sam Osborne has decided to leave Meadow Lane to pursue more regular first-team opportunities elsewhere" then yeah I'd say he didn't think he was good enough to get picked ahead of the other players in the squad. I'm not saying he wasn't but it was pretty clear to all to see the existing management didn't either so he probably made the right decision in leaving. it was his decision though and not the clubs. Happens all the time.
    Yes, I think he saw the writing on the wall when Cal Roberts was signed. He may well have seen the offer of a new contract at Notts as just to provide injury cover. The only way he was likely to get a really decent chance was either a serious Roberts injury or another club whisking him away.

Typical Notts fans being delighted with a signing and then having a moan at the predictable consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by applepie View Post
    Yes, I think he saw the writing on the wall when Cal Roberts was signed. He may well have seen the offer of a new contract at Notts as just to provide injury cover. The only way he was likely to get a really decent chance was either a serious Roberts injury or another club whisking him away.

Typical Notts fans being delighted with a signing and then having a moan at the predictable consequences.
    Yes, typical Notts fans. No other club has fans that moan.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Yes, typical Notts fans. No other club has fans that moan.
    Moaning fans of other teams are even less interesting to me than moaning fans of Notts.

What have Notts fans got to moan about...?

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    What have Notts fans got to moan about...?
    Almost the complete A-Z, just missing Q, X and Z currently.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Almost the complete A-Z, just missing Q, X and Z currently.
    Qadbak Investments scam, X-block being used for away fans and losing Zadkovich? Do I win?

Love it Swale.

I will give you the Q and X but that Z is a stretch. I'd totally forgotten about him.

Maybe we just go with Zzzzzz as in how dull our passing style is under the current manager. If you don't like that choice, we've got plenty of past managers who produced genuinely turgid football to choose from.

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast