+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Barnsley v Brentford Match Thoughts

Some of the passing tonight is schoolboy standard.

Well half time and Brentford have dominated it.
    We have nullified the game well restricting them to chances but not making any ourselves. I am really disappointed with Chaplin in that first half, he is really playing poor, can’t pass to a red shirt, gets knocked off the ball like he’s a school kid and is making the wrong runs! He needs to be off that pitch ASAP the one shot they have had came from him having the ball taken off him.
    Brittain and Styles are once again the positives and the defence in general look solid so far. Val needs to change the system second half if we are going to get anything from this.
    I agree Doggy passing has been shocking.

Looks like we have been told to “conserve some energy”, and not run about too much. “3 games this week” .... not as much pressing tonight...

I’ll take a draw . Matty James looked knackered after 15 minutes!

Kane, Ade and Odour come on with 20 mins to go basically the 3 players who should have started for the 3 that’s gone off! We haven’t been in this game from the start.

No complaints tonight we’ve been second best in every department.(apart from the hand ball)

We weren’t in that game from minute 1, however we should have been given a cast iron penalty for a handball? Callum Brittain MOM again for us.
    Same 3 as usual Brittain, Styles and Walton stood out and Adeboyejo did more in 15 minutes than Chaplin has done in the last 4 games!

Definitely a handball, but can’t complain about that result.

Credit to Brentford who had far too much for us tonight .

We move on .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Credit to Brentford who had far too much for us tonight .

We move on .
    Skill level for them was double ours. too many missed passes, uncontrolled balls, and Perky hit the nail on the head. From minute one we didn’t look in the race. Not sure Kane is the answer, looks a LONG WAY off for me in terms of fitness/ Sharpness.

Second best tonight, but the officials should be getting key decisions right. A definite penalty.
    Maybe needs to freshen up the starting 11 for Saturday and put Bramall on the bench?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast