+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Barnsley v Brentford Match Thoughts

Barnsley v Brentford Match Thoughts

I suspect Brentford may come up here on tuesday night with a score to settle and we will have to be ready .

I seem to remember we kick started their season last year after a very ordinary start when they seriously battered us with Watkins scoring a hat trick of headers .

At least we don't have to worry about him this season or Benrahma but they do have Toney and Marcus Forss and have kept the rest of their squad from last season .

A very difficult night ahead and we are going to have to be bang at it to get anything from the game .

I'll tek a point now if you offered it me .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 22-11-2020 at 03:07 PM.

A point would be good then move on to Blackburn away.
    I noticed Pinnock didn’t feature in their match day squad on Saturday.

Pinnock didn't feature but they still kept a clean sheet, a 0-0 draw away at Wycombe doesn't look like a good result and looking at the stats it was a pretty even game!
    I would imagine we had someone there watching how Wycombe kept them at bay? For me it looks like they are suffering from a hangover of not going up last season and we are a much more settled and solid unit than we were when we won at their place.
    It has the hallmarks of a good game this?

Another tough game for sure - will be happy to take a point. Law of averages in the Championship says our time to get a hammering.

Interesting dilema for Thomas Frank as his team are doing the graveyard shift this week and play QPR on friday night .

Tonight's game is only available on iFollow, it will not be on Sky Sports or the red button.

Season Ticket and Premium Seat Holders already have VIP access to the game but match passes are also available for £10 (£7 international fans) so you can watch live from Oakwell.

No red button? How come Poggy?

I always thought Sky sports showed every midweek championship game on red button. Hence having 6 fixtures tonight and the other 6 tomorrow night.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    No red button? How come Poggy?

I always thought Sky sports showed every midweek championship game on red button. Hence having 6 fixtures tonight and the other 6 tomorrow night.
    This season started late and more midweek groups of games have to be fitted in over the shortened season. Sky only have agreement for eight week's worth of group midweek games and this week is one that misses out. Next week the Tuesday Birmingham away game is a featured game on Sky Arena Channel and on Friday the Bournemouth home game is the featured Friday Night Match.
    Not sure if the goals are shown on Gillette Soccer Special in reports tonight.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 24-11-2020 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    This season started late and more midweek groups of games have to be fitted in over the shortened season. Sky only have agreement for eight week's worth of group midweek games and this week is one that misses out. Next week the Tuesday Birmingham away game is a featured game on Sky Arena Channel and on Friday the Bournemouth home game is the featured Friday Night Match.
    Not sure if the goals are shown on Gillette Soccer Special in reports tonight.
    Very good PR work for Sky SB, can I suggest you send off your CV to Chien Conway & Co to assist them in club PR skills

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsley Chop View Post
    Very good PR work for Sky SB, can I suggest you send off your CV to Chien Conway & Co to assist them in club PR skills
    If I can help somebody as I go along,
    Then my living's not been in vain.

( Except Conway, who I wuddant p1ss on if he worron fire. )
    Last edited by SBRed48; 24-11-2020 at 04:38 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast