+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New style penalty taking, is it fair?

Quote Originally Posted by BramleyMiller58 View Post
    It's an infringement therefore a foul.

It would be retaken (? Brin you were a Ref).
    However should be an indirect free kick to the defending team imo
    Brammers, as I saw it, to me it was an infringement and therefore a foul. The result should have been the penalty being cancelled and the player (Fernandes) booked with a yellow card. Call it what you like, it was back in the day, called ungentlemanly conduct but seeing how the female game has picked up, that has now been dropped for s.exual wording. It would and should have been classed as bringing the game in to disrepute. The result being an indirect free kick being awarded to the opposition.

Basically his ridiculous antics of jumping up and down clearly made the keeper move so as to distract him and it made him leave the line area of his goal. If they want to allow these stupid and unfair antics by making the keeper move, then they should suffer the consequences if their shot is saved.

Interesting comment from Kevin De Bruyne yesterday:-

I don’t know the rules any more, honestly. They change," he said.

"I’ve been playing professional football for 12 years and the first nine there was no rule changes.

"And the last few years there has been a lot. I don’t know why, football is such a nice game.

"But the guys who make the rules should be people in the game. Just so inconsistent."

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Interesting comment from Kevin De Bruyne yesterday:-

I don’t know the rules any more, honestly. They change," he said.

"I’ve been playing professional football for 12 years and the first nine there was no rule changes.

"And the last few years there has been a lot. I don’t know why, football is such a nice game.

"But the guys who make the rules should be people in the game. Just so inconsistent."

He’s not only one, think they just make them up through game

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    He’s not only one, think they just make them up through game

Yes it does seem off the cuff. Plus decisions seem to be being made by people we never see, the faceless persons watching the VAR screens, anonymous and probably only having played football at Dog and Duck level, if that.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Brammers, as I saw it, to me it was an infringement and therefore a foul. The result should have been the penalty being cancelled and the player (Fernandes) booked with a yellow card. Call it what you like, it was back in the day, called ungentlemanly conduct but seeing how the female game has picked up, that has now been dropped for s.exual wording. It would and should have been classed as bringing the game in to disrepute. The result being an indirect free kick being awarded to the opposition.

Basically his ridiculous antics of jumping up and down clearly made the keeper move so as to distract him and it made him leave the line area of his goal. If they want to allow these stupid and unfair antics by making the keeper move, then they should suffer the consequences if their shot is saved.
    Yup should be back to one "smooth unbroken run up" and agree that if they falter in the run up and keeper saves then tough

He's been doing it for the past 6 months though so I would have thought it would have come up before now if anyone objected?

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    He's been doing it for the past 6 months though so I would have thought it would have come up before now if anyone objected?
    There’s been a few doing stutter starts.

Maybe it needs a rule as in rugby where they can’t rush the kicker until he’s started his run up.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    CAM, got to say it’s the first one I’ve seen him do as I’m not a Man Utd fan. My take on it was, he feigned the run up so it should have been cancelled and the free kick awarded to West Brom.

And then there’s this little gem

https://www.skysports.com/watch/vide...anenka-penalty

CAM, got to say it’s the first one I’ve seen him do as I’m not a Man Utd fan. My take on it was, he feigned the run up so it should have been cancelled and the free kick awarded to West Brom.
    He does it all the time.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast