+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Why Are ?

Why Are ?

People such as David O'Leary who was in the stands for the Leeds v Arsenal game and Ian Rush and Kenny Dalglish who are in attendance tonight at Anfield allowed to do so when the genuine fans aren't .

Does their shyte smell sweeter than ours ?

Each club are allocated a block of Covid ground entrance authorisations, ( I think it's around 50) to cover players, coaches, support staff, club media,owners, sponsors etc and it is up to the clubs to whom they allocate these authorisations.
    Any remaining are allocated to worthy people like the ones mentioned. The idea of holding a draw to allow a small number of real fans (who had prior Covid tests) entrance would be unacceptable if it meant important people were excluded.

#Know Your Place
    Last edited by SBRed48; 22-11-2020 at 08:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Each club are allocated a block of ground entrance authorisations, ( I think it's around 50) to cover players, coaches, support staff, club media,owners, sponsors etc and it is up to the clubs to whom they allocate these authorisations.
    Any remaining are allocated to worthy people like the ones mentioned. The idea of holding a draw to allow a small number of real fans (who had prior Covid tests) entrance would be unacceptable if it meant important people were excluded.
    The David O'Leary one has me completely baffled , had nowt to do with Arsenal or Leeds for years , in fact he has nowt to do with anyone for years .

I'd make a case for Dalglish and Rush and it maybe to do with the death of Ray Clemence with the benefit of the doubt given but something also tells me they'd be there anyway .

Some of those Koppites would also have liked to have paid their respects too I imagine given it was their money that paid him his wages at that time .

Sky never said a word of course and carry on with their BLM campaign oblivious to the hypocrisy their cameras show us .

The ultimate irony is that it is the Ordinary Joe Fan is the one who pays for it all at the end of the line whether it be direct through purchase of Season Tickets, Club Merchandise etc or indirectly through Sky Sports subscriptions, purchase of owners/sponsors goods/services, etc.

It has been said that some owners of some clubs have deep pockets and short arms and, unlike the fans, pay nothing of their own money to keep the club running, borrow money to buy the club and some don't even pay what is owed for buying the club. I know it's unbelievable but I've been told on good authority it's true.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    The ultimate irony is that it is the Ordinary Joe Fan is the one who pays for it all at the end of the line whether it be direct through purchase of Season Tickets, Club Merchandise etc or indirectly through Sky Sports subscriptions, purchase of owners/sponsors goods/services, etc.

It has been said that some owners of some clubs have deep pockets and short arms and, unlike the fans, pay nothing of their own money to keep the club running, borrow money to buy the club and some don't even pay what is owed for buying the club. I know it's unbelievable but I've been told on good authority it's true.
    Your changing the narrative SB and your better than that .

There isn't a Leeds fan who saw them lift the championship last season or seen them kick a ball in the PL after an 16 year absence yet David O'Leary has .

The scousers weren't there to see them lift the PL after 30 years but no doubt Dalglish and Rush did .

Neither of the above have played a part in their success what so ever .

Yet Sky say feck all about it and concentrate on discrimination from another angle and nobody picks up on the hypocrisy .

Oh look there's David O'Leary sat with his wife lets take the knee shall we ... ffs !!! .

You should be sat at home with the rest of the Leeds and Liverpool faithful who stick with their clubs and don't follow Juventus or even manage Blackburn Rovers .

Liverpool icons my @rse .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Your changing the narrative SB and your better than that .

Sorry Animal.

I was trying to make the point, albeit clumsily, that the people that pay for the whole circus, ie the fans, are the ones denied an even token presence whereas some owners who have paid nothing either attend themselves or allocate places for their friends and relatives.

I apologise if my remarks caused any hurt or offence but it was entirely unintentional.