+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Karlan Grant

It’s always tough to move up a division especially the Premier League ( yes he did have a little experience with Huddersfield )BUT coming in on basically the last day of the transfer season made it much much worse for the kid. So I feel sorry for him in some ways. Blame has to go to board for that and it just highlights how the people running our club have no idea what so ever about football matters.
    But either way I’m not impressed so far, missed a sitter at Man City one on one. No real threat to defenders. Could be an important player next season for us in Championship ( All hope for me faded after the Leeds game).

He hadn't played for weeks when we signed him so he was never going to hit the ground running, add to that he is playing in a side that is totally shot of confidence and creates little in the way of chances for him, it's no surprise.
    A good striker will usually score one goal from three attempts, but we hardly create three chances in a game.
    I would like to see how he's like if we play him alongside Diagne for home games.
    We might as well attack now as we have nothing to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    He hadn't played for weeks when we signed him so he was never going to hit the ground running, add to that he is playing in a side that is totally shot of confidence and creates little in the way of chances for him, it's no surprise.
    A good striker will usually score one goal from three attempts, but we hardly create three chances in a game.
    I would like to see how he's like if we play him alongside Diagne for home games.
    We might as well attack now as we have nothing to lose.

Not impressed me Des with missing a few sitters and looks unfit. Diagne showed more about him in 10 minutes yesterday than Grant in any games. Does not go looking for the ball!

When we were looking at strikers, I believe that Adam Armstrong of Blackburn was one of the names mentioned; I said at the time that Armstrong was the one to go for. I think that he’s a far better player than Grant. Let’s hope, though, that Grant will come good but it will be in the Championship.

Forgot we had Diangana tbh .... what’s happened is he injured? I think we have overpaid for Grant and Diangana. Got to blame Bilic and Dowling for that. Good news is neither will likely be in much demand next summer .... so they might come back in the Championship ....

Quote Originally Posted by Barrera View Post
    Forgot we had Diangana tbh .... what’s happened is he injured? I think we have overpaid for Grant and Diangana. Got to blame Bilic and Dowling for that. Good news is neither will likely be in much demand next summer .... so they might come back in the Championship ....
    Well we all wanted them, Diangana hasn’t found his level yet and Grant I think playing in from the wing may be good, time will tell and likely time in the championship

Quote Originally Posted by Barrera View Post

I suspect one of the reasons West Ham let him go as they knew about his weakness - injuries! He’s not a patch on Harvey Barnes and to think we paid 16 million. Without being unfair - Diagne did more in 10 minutes to impress me which is more than Grants done since being here. Desire, hunger, looking for the ball, breaking through a defence should be basics but Diagne showed this but sadly Grant has not!

I’m pretty certain I saw him come onto the pitch last night but did he actually touch the ball ?

Both Grant and Diangana are good championship players. They both performed well in championship sides in different circumstances. But the jump in quality from championship to premier league is huge. With them both coming in to a struggling side this term, it was never going to be easy.

We’ve seen glimpses of their quality, Diangana v Chelsea, Grants goal v Brighton.

Fulham went for expensive loans on quality players and they have a better squad as a result but only this season. If we go down, we will bear the fruit of signing young championship lads - a bit like what Norwich have now. If the board were hell bent on survival and not progression, we should have taken the Fulham model but then midway through the season they seemed to change their minds and they brought in a bloke who is renowned for no progression more survival.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)