+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Warne's goalkeeper decision

Warne's goalkeeper decision

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Davis (Advertiser) View Post
    I suspect some string pulling from elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    I suspect some string pulling from elsewhere
    Always has to be something sinister in the background with Rotherham United doesn't it?

Makes perfect sense to me, pick a number one Keeper and stick to it, it'll give him confidence, most managers do it. I personally wouldn't have picked him as the number one but Paul Warne has and he has to back him.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    Always has to be something sinister in the background with Rotherham United doesn't it?

Makes perfect sense to me, pick a number one Keeper and stick to it, it'll give him confidence, most managers do it. I personally wouldn't have picked him as the number one but Paul Warne has and he has to back him.
    At the expense of the club losing games?

I don’t (no one does) know what the outcome would have been if Johansson was in net but you’ve got to go with the better keeper
    If Warney thinks Blackman is the one then that’s fine but he’s got to take criticism as well as plaudits.

Personally Johansson gives me more confidence than Blackman even if he’s getting better (well was until his injury) and I’d like to see him number one seeing that he’s ours, still young enough to claim it though so I guess he’ll have to be patient

Which season did we keep swapping keepers?
    Last edited by millertop; 23-11-2020 at 11:20 AM.

PW obviously cannot see what the rest of us see - JB is p!ss poor and would be useless in L2 let alone the Championship. Get the viking in, played 1 won 1...as soon as JB got back in we lose.

Johansson didn't save the shot from outside the area which came through a crowd of players after a corner was half cleared. No defender went to block the shot. Rotherham won 2-1.
    Blackman didn't save the shot from outside the area which came through a crowd of players after a corner was half cleared. No defender went to block the shot. Rotherham lost 1-0.
    The Preston game was won because we managed to score two goals. It wasn't Blackman's fault that we didn't score against Swansea.
    Which of the goals we have let in this season have been largely Blackman's fault?

Quote Originally Posted by Lol'smate View Post
    Johansson didn't save the shot from outside the area which came through a crowd of players after a corner was half cleared. No defender went to block the shot. Rotherham won 2-1.
    Blackman didn't save the shot from outside the area which came through a crowd of players after a corner was half cleared. No defender went to block the shot. Rotherham lost 1-0.
    The Preston game was won because we managed to score two goals. It wasn't Blackman's fault that we didn't score against Swansea.
    Which of the goals we have let in this season have been largely Blackman's fault?
    Blackman - good shot stopper, doesn't do anything fancy. Good positioning, gets his body behind the ball. You can tell he's been well coached by a top club. Decent down low for a tall guy. Performed reasonably well, well enough to keep his place for now I'd say, but had a poor game Saturday. Main weakness is collecting crosses. He doesn't look 6'7 when he jumps and his punches don't go very far.

Johansson. Decent debut. Had one or two comedy moments. Look like he may be a good acquisition in the long term but can we really afford to bed him in when every point is crucial. As lol eludes to, we don't score many, which puts pressure on the defence to be water tight.

I wonder if Vickers could yet be our trump card. I'd rather have one great keeper and a kid on the bench then three ordinary ones. I hope we are not in that scenario. I'm not too concerned with Blackman YET.

Obviously Warne sees them both in training every day that counts for nothing. We've seen Johansson once.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Obviously Warne sees them both in training every day that counts for nothing. We've seen Johansson once.
    Not entirely true.

Warne couldn't have seen Blackman in training sessions up to the Swansea game because he wasn't here.

Our other two keepers were here and in training but Warne chose to ignore them

Quote Originally Posted by daveemiller View Post
    Blackman - good shot stopper, doesn't do anything fancy. Good positioning, gets his body behind the ball. You can tell he's been well coached by a top club. Decent down low for a tall guy. Performed reasonably well, well enough to keep his place for now I'd say, but had a poor game Saturday. Main weakness is collecting crosses. He doesn't look 6'7 when he jumps and his punches don't go very far.

Johansson. Decent debut. Had one or two comedy moments. Look like he may be a good acquisition in the long term but can we really afford to bed him in when every point is crucial. As lol eludes to, we don't score many, which puts pressure on the defence to be water tight.

I wonder if Vickers could yet be our trump card. I'd rather have one great keeper and a kid on the bench then three ordinary ones. I hope we are not in that scenario. I'm not too concerned with Blackman YET.
    No idea about Vickers as I can't remember seeing him play. Lincoln obviously didn't rate hin high enough to keep him as no.2 - but maybe finances were a factor.

For me, I think stick with Blackman at the moment. He's had a couple of issues but we are nowhere near the Kelle Roos situation.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast