+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Takeover?

Takeover?

Chris Lepkowski has said that the club is in talks with at least two groups over a potential takeover.

https://www.westbromnews.co.uk/2020/...-takeover-deal

One can but hope.

Looks like the Yanks are in talks.

If it happens surely it can't be any worse than the Chinese lot. So disappointed the way that worked out. I actually thought that we were established in the Premiership and the takeover would take us to the next level of competing. Should have known better.

The dilemma is that although I don't want us taken over by billionaires who are only interested in profit as opposed to us as a football club, it's the only way that we are realistically going to compete at the highest level. Obviously we don't want another Lai who has the money but won't spend any of it and ideally we would like to have a Leicester type owner who spent money but also loved them as a football club. We certainly need to see the back of Lai but if, as it looks like, that we are up for sale, we need to be very careful in our dealings.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    The dilemma is that although I don't want us taken over by billionaires who are only interested in profit as opposed to us as a football club, it's the only way that we are realistically going to compete at the highest level. Obviously we don't want another Lai who has the money but won't spend any of it and ideally we would like to have a Leicester type owner who spent money but also loved them as a football club. We certainly need to see the back of Lai but if, as it looks like, that we are up for sale, we need to be very careful in our dealings.
    I get your sentiments LB but sadly it is all about money these days. I'm not even sure Lai has the money anyway. I would imagine that the financial teams big money can buy would have little problem giving the Premier League the runaround if looking to move large sums out of a country (China) so I doubt we'll ever know the reason for Lai's purchase tbh.

I think at the moment most options would be preferable as we would have to be very unlucky indeed to get a second lot of owners looking to pay the kind of money Premier League clubs go for who would show zero ambition with the potential to run us in to the ground. Villa appear to have prospered under American ownership given the sh*tshow they had with their Chinaman who promised to make them bigger than Barcelona (although I know many of their supporters would argue they already are)

Would the best news coming out of B71 this season if Lai sells us. It’s not been that he hasn’t spent money - he has on Grant, Diangana, Pereira and more - but many would argue he should have spent more to give us a better chance of survival. It’s his apparent disinterest in the Club which as a lifelong supporter I cannot stomach. Will be interesting to see what price we fetch as whoever the buyer is they would be buying a club destined for the Championship next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrera View Post
    Would the best news coming out of B71 this season if Lai sells us. It’s not been that he hasn’t spent money - he has on Grant, Diangana, Pereira and more - but many would argue he should have spent more to give us a better chance of survival. It’s his apparent disinterest in the Club which as a lifelong supporter I cannot stomach. Will be interesting to see what price we fetch as whoever the buyer is they would be buying a club destined for the Championship next year.

There's only one winner grinning from ear to ear in his Jersey mansion - it's the bald w anker!

Rumours are it's Donald Trump.

One of our former and much respected posters on here is old YarmouthBaggie who I’m friends with on FB.

He’s usually spot on with info on the club and he’s scathing about the Yanks supposedly interested in us.

Not a pot in which to p I s s by all accounts and nothing but “chancers” according to him.

Sounds great.......Happy 2021 everybody😫

Quote Originally Posted by splinter View Post
    Rumours are it's Donald Trump.
    Fantastic news splinter buddy.
    THIS CLAIM IS DISPUTED ��

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)