+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Burnley v Crystal Palace Match Preview

S.D Post Match

"lots of work to be done..."

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    For Mee Ben was MotM. Nick was close. Then he is the best keeper in Britain. Only Southgate differs.
    Though J-Rod was MoM with Nick a very close second tonight.

Nick Pope is a far better keeper than Jordan Pickford, while Southgate may disagree but I think Ancelotti would be prepared to do a swap, god forbid that BFC would agree to it though.

It is not only the goalkeeping position that Southgate can’t seem to get right why he picks Walker and Dier is beyond my comprehension. Walker appears to be past his sell by date and Dier by name but dire as a centre back.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage Claret View Post
    Though J-Rod was MoM with Nick a very close second tonight.

Nick Pope is a far better keeper than Jordan Pickford, while Southgate may disagree but I think Ancelotti would be prepared to do a swap, god forbid that BFC would agree to it though.

It is not only the goalkeeping position that Southgate can’t seem to get right why he picks Walker and Dier is beyond my comprehension. Walker appears to be past his sell by date and Dier by name but dire as a centre back.
    If Southgate played Dier has a defensive midfielder I would have no problem, and if Southgate played Walker at right back I would have no problem, but playing them both in a back three is madness.

Billy Mercer needs to work on Pope's kicking, because that is the one part of his game that is very poor. Southgate wants to play out from the back and with Pope's inability to do so makes Pickford a shoe-in, despite Pope being the better shot stopper.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    If Southgate played Dier has a defensive midfielder I would have no problem, and if Southgate played Walker at right back I would have no problem, but playing them both in a back three is madness.
    I'll bet Tyrone Mings doesn't mind playing alongside them, they make him look like Bobby Moore.

JBG and Dwight both look very short of confidence. I don't remember either of them trying to take their man on.

I'd rest Dwight for a bit - he's very young and needs looking after.

When JBG hit the bar his head dropped and he looked devastated, and Sean hooked him shortly after. These are two players who can create for us but they are both struggling at the moment.

If only we still had Scotty....

Sorry, duplicate post.

I know its probably on Norders "Goals and Highlights" sticky thread, but I think Pope deserves it on here also, as he definitely made certain we took all the points

I love how Mee smacks him right on the napper where Benteke's flailing boot had cut him!

I thought that Benteke was offside when the ball was nodded on when I watched last night and I still feel that this may have been the case, however, VAR only looks at this when a goal is scored, therefore, they got the throw in once Nick had received treatment.

I reckon that there were at least three occasions last night where the flag should have gone up but didn't because of the crazy directives being given.

Just wondering. Dyche has been at Turf Moor for eight years now and post-match he always claims we are still "a work in progress".

FFS how long does he actually need?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)