+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: We Need To Be More Aggressive & Horrible

We Need To Be More Aggressive & Horrible

Fernandes was in the refs face all the time on Saturday and John Terry was a master at running to the ref as do many players of the so called big clubs.

It was a blatant foul on Gallagher prior to the Man Utd penalty but how many of our players circled around the ref to complain - demand VAR review the incident? Here lies the story!! We need to wise up - be aggressive - be horrible - contest more decisions - go down if we can get a penalty. All the big clubs do this and sadly you get nothing in life for being softies or over honest.

Same in business - the leanest and meanest survive and you need to be tough to get anywhere. Do Amazon take the softly softly approach - no they cheat at everything by twisting the rules so it’s not blatant.

Rather we are not known for lovely little West Brom or oh what a shame blah blah blah. There’s a way about going about things which is not outright cheating but being ruthless!

Unfortunately Al, you're correct. Fernandez was going absolutely berserk and pleading with the ref. that he hadn't fouled Gallagher. It worked. Mind you, what an awful decision by the referee and VAR.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Fernandes was in the refs face all the time on Saturday and John Terry was a master at running to the ref as do many players of the so called big clubs.

It was a blatant foul on Gallagher prior to the Man Utd penalty but how many of our players circled around the ref to complain - demand VAR review the incident? Here lies the story!! We need to wise up - be aggressive - be horrible - contest more decisions - go down if we can get a penalty. All the big clubs do this and sadly you get nothing in life for being softies or over honest.

Same in business - the leanest and meanest survive and you need to be tough to get anywhere. Do Amazon take the softly softly approach - no they cheat at everything by twisting the rules so it’s not blatant.

Rather we are not known for lovely little West Brom or oh what a shame blah blah blah. There’s a way about going about things which is not outright cheating but being ruthless!
    True Al, sadly so, but still true.

It is this increasingly, nasty, cheating attitude that is turning me off football. I would rather see a very strict rule applied that stopped players berating the referee. Any player attempting to influence the referee should be sent off. The powers that be in football haven’t the guts to implement such a policy and we’re it to be suggested, that tw@t Gordon Taylor would be the first to object.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post

Agree totally about the Albion's need to get more aggressive and horrible sadly

Don't agree in business you have to be mean and tough to get anywhere. I would describe myself as a softee but did OK.

Fernandez is one of the biggest cheats out there .... recall the penalty he got against the Villa last season when he literally jumped into the Villa defender ..... appalling ref (can’t remember who) gave a pen. Where was VAR then ....

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    It is this increasingly, nasty, cheating attitude that is turning me off football. I would rather see a very strict rule applied that stopped players berating the referee. Any player attempting to influence the referee should be sent off. The powers that be in football haven’t the guts to implement such a policy and we’re it to be suggested, that tw@t Gordon Taylor would be the first to object.
    I agree with all of that. Watching Fernandes with his face twisted up raging at the ref really does get me even though that referee is total crap. It's interesting how pretty much all top flight rugby players who would flatten some runt like Fernandes show total respect to the ref yet it seems beyond most footballers. The other point, Gordon Taylor. Incredibly he's still in his £2M a year job when I last looked.

Quote Originally Posted by stripes39 View Post
    I agree with all of that. Watching Fernandes with his face twisted up raging at the ref really does get me even though that referee is total crap. It's interesting how pretty much all top flight rugby players who would flatten some runt like Fernandes show total respect to the ref yet it seems beyond most footballers. The other point, Gordon Taylor. Incredibly he's still in his £2M a year job when I last looked.
    I have always said that football would be better off if it took a couple of rules from Rugby.
    1/ Only the captain of a team can speak to the referee.
    2/ As soon as the ball is out of play the clock is stopped.

It would stop bickering and time wasting instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    I have always said that football would be better off if it took a couple of rules from Rugby.
    1/ Only the captain of a team can speak to the referee.
    2/ As soon as the ball is out of play the clock is stopped.

It would stop bickering and time wasting instantly.
    100% Des, should any one else argue with the ref and it’s an instant yellow card. Simulation should also be punished more harshly, if a player goes to ground and VAR proves no contact a card should be mandatory and equal in impact to the claim, I.e a dive in the box should be a penalty at the other end plus a red card, soon stop that nonsense.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)