+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The fans are back in town...

The fans are back in town...

Depending on the 3 tier system fans to be allowed back in stadia next month.
    So if we go from last months restrictions, VP will have 2000 fans but hopefully 4000, for us it is small but better than nothing for teams like the baggies...A full house🤣

Bit strange the one size fits all approach here don't you think? It must also cost clubs a fair bit to staff the ground too, surely it would have been more pragmatic to allow a percentage of ground capacity.

Yes, that's a really good point, Westy.

Tbh though I can't understand why they will be allowing this at all ... We're 3 weeks into a 4 week lockdown, and there were over 600 deaths recorded in the last 24 hours. Same with allowing travel and 3 households to mix without social distancing for 5 days over Christmas? Aren't we just asking for trouble?

Win - with the unreliability of false and positive test results, the flip-flopping of the WHO over masks, the misleading picture created with recording Covid on death certificates for those who have died as a result of something unrelated along with the outright failure of the MSM to air the views of scientists who are challenging the SAGE narrative when they are every bit as qualified as them, I could go on.......I don't trust what we're being fed.

Now - for those who have been personally affected including your lovely self Win, there's no denying this is a horrible virus and I feel for every single person who has and is suffering with it. It's the ongoing management of the situation I'm at odds with - the cynic in me thinks the Christmas window for 3 households is the prelude to mass testing afterwards in order to allow folk to carry on afterwards if testing negative. The death rates are about 20% higher than usual for this time of year in some areas which is horrific, in other areas it's 2% and that includes some densely populated places - yet the higher ones have for some time been living under higher restrictions. I don't have the all the answers of course but I do think the opposing views of scientists with no commercial gain to be had, should be heard and answered.

Sitting outside in freezing temperatures on a plastic seat is no different than going to the park which, is what we can all do. I find the whole restriction thing completely confusing, 500 people in each stand at VP will be like reserve game yet you can storm into any Tesco, Asda or Morrissons where the virus is so much easier to catch, one sneeze and its airbourne 😬 i tried and failed to explain to the other half how the 3 household bubbles rules will work over Xmas, correct me if I'm wrong but if you have guests at your house to a max of 6 including yourself, you the can only visit two other households which, when you visit, that household becomes bubble 2 and your own is bubble 1. The people you are visiting can only pick 1 more house to be bubble 3 as theirs is bubble 2 and your own bubble 1 if they return the visit and so on....🥴 you really are going to have pick your friends and Family really carefully and at the end of the day just who is going to police it, the nosey Nieghbour? Unless they stalk you, they wont know they have travelled from bubble 1 to bubble 2 via bubble 3, 4 or 5 and so on...
    I'm staying put in my own bubble.....🙂 anyway from what I am hearing working in Aston, Birmingham will be placed in T3, that means no fans ☹

Aahhh, Christmas. The Pagan festival, hijacked by Christianity, which was then hijacked by greed and gluttony, and finally claimed by drinkers needing an excuse for their true colours.
    Xmas is for the under 8s and Santa (in a mask of course), which can easily be celebrated within a household bubble. Let the Christians sing their carols and relay their fairy tales, safe at home.

As for a couple of thousand masked fans in a cavernous stadium, marshalled by hundreds of stewards and gallons of sanitiser? Behave. Football is about pre-match, in-match and post-match engagement, none of which are on offer. Why would you bother?

But wait, what’s this? Flakey’s human rights are being exploited, Flakey will suffer irreversible trauma if you don’t let it in. So it can spend 90mins posting photos/videos online. Oh, look at me, my life is sooooo wonderful. If only those men down there would stop running around and shouting, you’d be able to hear me scream and gush. Wokey, snowflake entitlement in all it’s ugly glory.

It’s a game of football and that’s all it is, a pastime, a hobby, a spectator sport, i.e. you watch and encourage the participants. The Truman Show, it ain’t.

Fkcu Shankley, football isn’t more important than life or death.

Brum will be Tier 3 anyway.

Confirmed guys looks like the whole of the West Midlands is in tier 3.

Umm its suggesting that then Names places like birmingham, sandwell, wolverhamton, dudley. I did not hear Bromsgrove!

Quote Originally Posted by TrianonDave View Post
    Umm its suggesting that then Names places like birmingham, sandwell, wolverhamton, dudley. I did not hear Bromsgrove!
    Hi Dave, There is a postcode checker on the official gov website you can use to check tier for your specific address

https://www.gov.uk/find-coronavirus-local-restrictions

How can you go from tier two to tier three whilst being in lockdown for the last month? Suggests to me that Lockdown is a complete waste of time!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)