+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just met Denno's Dad!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    Got in an Uber earlier and got chatting to the driver about football. I got the normal question of "Are you City or United" and replied as usual...."Neither, I actually support Notts County".

He said "My son has just left that club". I was like "No way, who?" and it turned out to be Kristian Dennis.

We had a good chat and I said that there were a lot of fans that were sad to see him go. Apparently, he really liked it at Notts but felt he was out of favour because of Wooton and Thomas. Notts only offered him 1 year, so he decided to go. I'm not at liberty to disclose any more information, but we had a good chat and his Dad was well sound. Good old Wythenshawe family. Proper Mancs!
    I imagine he was also titsed off by not being given a regular starting place. A "fox in the box", it looked to me like he didn't fit in with Ardley's game plan, if Ardley has one, apart from protecting the point.

LL imagine what we would have achieved if Ardley had a game plan(?) , Without one (according to two on NCM) we still managed 3rd place and were just 90 mins from promotion.

I'm now absolutely furious with the manager , he needs a Plan A and fast. Can someone please check his UEFA Pro coaching qualifications

So Ardley not the only manager who gets it wrong.

I agree on that O'Connor came on in the home play off against Coventry and was outstanding.

Only reason I can think we released him was his injuries maybe it turned out to be the wrong decision.

Collin was a good keeper at this level no idea why we released him !

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    LL imagine what we would have achieved if Ardley had a game plan(?) , Without one (according to two on NCM) we still managed 3rd place and were just 90 mins from promotion.

I'm now absolutely furious with the manager , he needs a Plan A and fast. Can someone please check his UEFA Pro coaching qualifications
    We saw his game plan (or lack of one, unless you count chasing shadows as a game plan) against Harrowgate. Never mind 90 minutes, it was more like 90 miles.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    We saw his game plan (or lack of one, unless you count chasing shadows as a game plan) against Harrowgate. Never mind 90 minutes, it was more like 90 miles.
    Yup it clearly didn't work in the play off final.

But I was talking over a slightly longer period than those hard to watch 90 mins. More like the 39 games that we played preceding it. I definitely saw a game plan. Nobody with any sense can say he hasn't a Plan A, it's the lack of a Plan B or C that's the issue.

Yup it clearly didn't work in the play off final.

But I was talking over a slightly longer period than those hard to watch 90 mins. More like the 39 games that we played preceding it. I definitely saw a game plan. Nobody with any sense can say he hasn't a Plan A, it's the lack of a Plan B or C that's the issue.
    I would love to know what these plan b's c's, z's etc are so many talk about. He does change shape in games but does he start launching it long, no, but I don't see even many of the top teams with top mangers in the Prem resulting to doing that, probably on the basis it doesn't actually work but may on the face of it look like you have taken drastic positive action.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    I would love to know what these plan b's c's, z's etc are so many talk about. He does change shape in games but does he start launching it long, no.
    Apparently his instruction late in the game on Saturday was to put the ball in their box. They helped us out by conceding silly free kicks, but let's hope what happened next was the first glimpse of Plan B.

Now I haven't got any coaching qualification at all but even I've noticed that Ardley changes the formation often in games depending on what he is seeing. Anyone criticising him for not doing so is just plain wrong.

What he rarely does, if ever, is change the approach and the tempo of the game and maintains a patient passing approach even when losing with time running out.

This is IMO a valid criticism, m_m I believe these are Plan Bs many are talking about. Go route one, go long, go early maybe even send a defender up front because Plan A ain't working. It's in Chapter 7 of the professional football manager's instruction guide written by fans throughout the country.

Yawn.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast