+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just met Denno's Dad!!!

Just met Denno's Dad!!!

Got in an Uber earlier and got chatting to the driver about football. I got the normal question of "Are you City or United" and replied as usual...."Neither, I actually support Notts County".

He said "My son has just left that club". I was like "No way, who?" and it turned out to be Kristian Dennis.

We had a good chat and I said that there were a lot of fans that were sad to see him go. Apparently, he really liked it at Notts but felt he was out of favour because of Wooton and Thomas. Notts only offered him 1 year, so he decided to go. I'm not at liberty to disclose any more information, but we had a good chat and his Dad was well sound. Good old Wythenshawe family. Proper Mancs!

He's wasting his time with the Giro Bhoys up at Methadone Park.

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    Got in an Uber earlier and got chatting to the driver about football. I got the normal question of "Are you City or United" and replied as usual...."Neither, I actually support Notts County".

He said "My son has just left that club". I was like "No way, who?" and it turned out to be Kristian Dennis.

We had a good chat and I said that there were a lot of fans that were sad to see him go. Apparently, he really liked it at Notts but felt he was out of favour because of Wooton and Thomas. Notts only offered him 1 year, so he decided to go. I'm not at liberty to disclose any more information, but we had a good chat and his Dad was well sound. Good old Wythenshawe family. Proper Mancs!
    Interesting. I think having a player like Krystian Dennis in the squad would be a dream for most in this league, and his departure leaves a gap that hasn't been filled. If it really was down to only offering him a one year deal, I think it will turn out to be a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Interesting. I think having a player like Krystian Dennis in the squad would be a dream for most in this league, and his departure leaves a gap that hasn't been filled. If it really was down to only offering him a one year deal, I think it will turn out to be a mistake.
    Yeah, he'd be ideal but not as big a mistake in not offering O'Connor 2 years after that playoff season. He may have just been the difference early in to sure up the midfield and kept us in the league

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Yeah, he'd be ideal but not as big a mistake in not offering O'Connor 2 years after that playoff season. He may have just been the difference early in to sure up the midfield and kept us in the league
    I think he'd have run it, not just shored it up. He was a big miss indeed.

Still seems a very odd decision to only offer him a year.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Still seems a very odd decision to only offer him a year.
    Possibly. I suppose it depends on the value of that offer and whether Notts could afford the risk of not going up if they had offered 2years or longer.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I think he'd have run it, not just shored it up. He was a big miss indeed.
    I think Adam Collin leaving was a bigger loss, some people didn't like him, probably because of his personality but he made the defence so much more confident and with him we conceded the 3rd fewest goals in the season i think? Look at the difference Mendy has already made at Chelsea compared to Kepa, having someone that will take the pressure off the defence on crosses and set peices instead of someone that puts you on edge constantly makes a huge difference, O'Connor wouldn't have helped us defend balls into the box.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    I think Adam Collin leaving was a bigger loss, some people didn't like him, probably because of his personality but he made the defence so much more confident and with him we conceded the 3rd fewest goals in the season i think? Look at the difference Mendy has already made at Chelsea compared to Kepa, having someone that will take the pressure off the defence on crosses and set peices instead of someone that puts you on edge constantly makes a huge difference, O'Connor wouldn't have helped us defend balls into the box.
    I agree on both Collin and O'Connor.

If you look at whether we replaced them with better in the two years after they were released, the only real answer is 'no'.

Both Collin and O'Connor had confidence and calmness that both made a big difference on the pitch. Looking back two big losses

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast