+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Kevin Ellison Footballs High & Lows Career

Kevin Ellison Footballs High & Lows Career

Ex Miller Kevin Ellison at the age of 41 years, was a Newport County hero on Saturday, after coming on as a 85th sub, he scored a 96th minute winner to keep Newport top of division 2, given a 12 month contract by Newport after Morcambe released him after 10 seasons & 88 goals.
    But Ellison has gone through the mill, after opening up to his struggle with depression, at the age of 38 years of age, he turned to the Professional Footballers Association for help. He received counselling for depression through the P.F.A. getting proper help & care, which helped him overcome his darkest hour.
    He is now doing a counselling course to help others, studying through the P.F.A. he will be able to be actively involved with people, who are struggling with poor mental health.

Kevin at the age of 41 years, ( birthday 23rd February 1979 ) is the second oldest footballer in the leagues, after signing a 1 year contract with Newport.

The oldest player is Crawley's Dannie Bulman aged 41 years, ( birthday 24 January 1979 ), Bulman signed a 1 year contract as player coach with Crawley.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Ex Miller Kevin Ellison at the age of 41 years, was a Newport County hero on Saturday, after coming on as a 85th sub, he scored a 96th minute winner to keep Newport top of division 2, given a 12 month contract by Newport after Morcambe released him after 10 seasons & 88 goals.
    But Ellison has gone through the mill, after opening up to his struggle with depression, at the age of 38 years of age, he turned to the Professional Footballers Association for help. He received counselling for depression through the P.F.A. getting proper help & care, which helped him overcome his darkest hour.
    He is now doing a counselling course to help others, studying through the P.F.A. he will be able to be actively involved with people, who are struggling with poor mental health.

Kevin at the age of 41 years, ( birthday 23rd February 1979 ) is the second oldest footballer in the leagues, after signing a 1 year contract with Newport.

The oldest player is Crawley's Dannie Bulman aged 41 years, ( birthday 24 January 1979 ), Bulman signed a 1 year contract as player coach with Crawley.
    Loved Kev...what a character.
    Remember his selfie after Morecambe beat us?
    Then when he was getting dogs abuse at NYS he scored an absolute worldie.

The game needs Kev Ellison.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post

I honestly couldn’t believe the vile from some of our fans that day, it was worrying but also comical when he ran down tunnel

Tbh I think one of our fans was high, I also think he might have tried to kill Ellison if he had got on pitch

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    I honestly couldn’t believe the vile from some of our fans that day, it was worrying but also comical when he ran down tunnel

Tbh I think one of our fans was high, I also think he might have tried to kill Ellison if he had got on pitch
    He would have been a braver man than me. Thanks for the post Eric.
    Last edited by Lolmorgan; 24-11-2020 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post

Totally agree. Long may he keep on playing. And his footballing abilities never get the attention they deserve.

I think I read where Kevin Ellison was released by Morcambe in January 2020, & he went to the job centre in June 2020, to which he posted a picture of the job centre on social media.
    With Kevins medical problems, this would have put a lot of pressure on him, having known nothing other than a football career.
    I do hope Kevin finds a release from what he's gone through, & him helping others with the same problems, with along with playing football will give him more stability, hopefully when he does hang his boots up, he is offered a position in football, even the P.F.A. giving him employment in counselling fellow professionals in the sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    I think I read where Kevin Ellison was released by Morcambe in January 2020, & he went to the job centre in June 2020, to which he posted a picture of the job centre on social media.
    With Kevins medical problems, this would have put a lot of pressure on him, having known nothing other than a football career.
    I do hope Kevin finds a release from what he's gone through, & him helping others with the same problems, with along with playing football will give him more stability, hopefully when he does hang his boots up, he is offered a position in football, even the P.F.A. giving him employment in counselling fellow professionals in the sport.
    I agree with that Eric a footballer that knows what it’s like,not an outsider that doesn’t have a clue what footballers feel.