+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Adama Traore

Adama Traore

He has to be a starter for me. I don't care if he loses the ball 8 times out of ten, he'll create enough havoc to gain us more victories than not. If he doesn't put the ball on Raul head he'll gain enough dangerous free kicks to create something....and he'll always drag an extra opponent out of position.

Plater, I spent most of our first season and part of our second, defending him to some of the most knowledgeable football brains in the Upper Steve Bull. Every derogatory adjective imaginable was used against him by these future England Managers. Plater they wouldn't know a dangerous player if they saw one.

He doesn't, as you imply, get it correct every time, but he excites you, he puts fear into defenders, he gets supporters of their seats, he is an entertainer.

I would like to see Wolves leave him up in the centre circle though when the opposition have a corner. He would immediately force the other side to pull two or more players back to mark him, leaving less to challenge for the corner.

He’s the type of player that can look mediocre for 90% of the match but the moment he gets an opponent on the wrong foot, he’s past them and in scoring position or puts a teammate in one. We don’t have a lot of creators on the squad, so I think he has to be in the team for me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganWolf View Post
    He’s the type of player that can look mediocre for 90% of the match but the moment he gets an opponent on the wrong foot, he’s past them and in scoring position or puts a teammate in one. We don’t have a lot of creators on the squad, so I think he has to be in the team for me as well.
    Hit the nail on the head there, "We don’t have a lot of creators on the squad", we don't for sure, we don't have a true mischief maker to get between the opposition midfield and defence and come up with the goods. Traore is the nearest we have but he ain't it! We need to flog him while we can get a decent amount of cash for him and buy what we need.

I thought he played OK against the Saints but his limitations are obvious. He looks much better when he gets infield from the wings and starts to get a head of steam up. He's OK if we are happy where we sit in the table but if we want to go to the next level we need something different. IMO of course.

Exactly Abbo. Last season, against Liverpool at home he scared Van Dyke so much that he wouldn't go forward for Liverpool set pieces.

I’m with you on this Woody, I would prefer to have kept Jota than Traore, he’s just not consistent enough... He does something super human every five games but then...

Personally I think the guy has something to offer. Not just his turn of pace, but also the fact that as soon as he gets the ball, there are 2 defenders on him - surely that must create some space for someone else. I also think he be better cutting from the wings, driving at the defence and even if he "just" draws a foul, the resulting free kick will be in a scoreable position. However, there is clearly something stopping signing his contract extension....

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwolf View Post
    I’m with you on this Woody, I would prefer to have kept Jota than Traore, he’s just not consistent enough... He does something super human every five games but then...
    I don't think it was ever a one or the other situation. You just can't turn down the kind of money Liverpool offered. Jota was good with us but he would have never reached the heights he has with Liverpool, just got a different class of players around him that also suit his style of play.

Quote Originally Posted by WOODLANDSWOLF View Post
    I don't think it was ever a one or the other situation. You just can't turn down the kind of money Liverpool offered. Jota was good with us but he would have never reached the heights he has with Liverpool, just got a different class of players around him that also suit his style of play.
    I agree, it was never a binary choice, I’m looking at Jota based on his performances at Wolves, and as you say his progress since justifies his decision to move on. Just saying that I think Jota offered more than Traore does, Traore may well also thrive at a bigger club but it’s not quite happening here, just sporadic glimpses.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)