+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I’m Heartbroken!

I’m Heartbroken!

My little black and white cat Millie passed away last night.

It was all very sudden, she let out a horrible screech and when I found her in a bedroom she was panting and in obvious distress.

I carried her downstairs and put her on her feet and she collapsed and emptied her bladder.

Luckily I found a late night vets in Worcester and they took her in and although willing to treat her it meant lots of tests on a distressed loved one of almost 13 years old.

The wife originally found her online at a cat rescue so I let her make the final decision which we both knew was the right one.

My wife stayed with her as she was out to sleep but I was just too distressed so I went to say goodbye and then went in afterwards but I just couldn’t bare to see the light go out of her eyes.

Such a sweet natured, tiny black and white who never grew to any size due to a bad start in life........not once did she ever bite or nip anyone in her life, not even when having one of the many injections she had to have to keep her going for the last few years.

I will truly miss this quirky little thing, she has brought us unbelievable pleasure and has never ventured more than 100 feet from home.

It’s so hard to believe that the tiny bundle we brought home in August 2008 has lived her life and passed........animals are young and then very old before you know it.

RIP Millie.......you were a ⭐️

Sorry to hear that, Mick, I guess we grow far fonder of our animals than we realise. We bought our first Westie in August 2008, he’s now 12 and fortunately still full of life. I dread the day that we lose him. He’s named after the King.......

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    Sorry to hear that, Mick, I guess we grow far fonder of our animals than we realise. We bought our first Westie in August 2008, he’s now 12 and fortunately still full of life. I dread the day that we lose him. He’s named after the King.......
    Thanks Kets.

2008 was when we rescued our two cats Millie and Chloe.

Millie was found on a rubbish dump as a tiny kitten and only just survived that terrible start.

She’s always been tiny and she was incredibly close to my wife who initially found her on the internet and they had a special bond.

She never went far and if she was out and I called her she’d always appear within 10-20 seconds.......unlike our other cat who will go off for hours on end.

It’s horrible to have to make the decision on a loved pets death because you hate yourself afterwards even though you know it was the right choice.

My next few days are going to be horrible, I wear death like a shroud for a few days and relive it every few minutes until I’m so wrecked by it I seem to get the grief out of my system.

That tiny creature has left a massive hole.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    My little black and white cat Millie passed away last night.

It was all very sudden, she let out a horrible screech and when I found her in a bedroom she was panting and in obvious distress.

I carried her downstairs and put her on her feet and she collapsed and emptied her bladder.

Luckily I found a late night vets in Worcester and they took her in and although willing to treat her it meant lots of tests on a distressed loved one of almost 13 years old.

The wife originally found her online at a cat rescue so I let her make the final decision which we both knew was the right one.

My wife stayed with her as she was out to sleep but I was just too distressed so I went to say goodbye and then went in afterwards but I just couldn’t bare to see the light go out of her eyes.

Such a sweet natured, tiny black and white who never grew to any size due to a bad start in life........not once did she ever bite or nip anyone in her life, not even when having one of the many injections she had to have to keep her going for the last few years.

I will truly miss this quirky little thing, she has brought us unbelievable pleasure and has never ventured more than 100 feet from home.

It’s so hard to believe that the tiny bundle we brought home in August 2008 has lived her life and passed........animals are young and then very old before you know it.

RIP Millie.......you were a ⭐️

Sorry to hear this Mick. With two cats and a very cute Golden Retriever, I know how you must be feeling. You gave her a good life after being rescued so you can have fond memories.

Sorry to hear of your loss Mick. We all have special place for our loved pets. You can never replace them as they are all so different in character but you can, allowing a little time to pass, move on and give another a good life like you gave to Millie.

Sorry to hear Mick, cats and dogs can become as much a part of the family as people, they never argue and are the ones who are happy to see you most when you return. Such a shame they live such relatively short little lives.

We have had to take two dogs over the years to be put down due to old age and both times it tore our hearts out. Both times within a few days we got another puppy. It never takes the place of the one you have lost but you grow to love the new dog as much eventually and more importantly the puppy needs looking after so it occupies your time and mind and helps to stop constantly thinking about the one you have lost. The worst part for me when you lose a pet is when you come home and they are not there greeting you and fussing around you. So sorry to hear about your loss.

Sorry to hear of your loss Mick . I know how you feeling it broke our hearts, when we lost our dogs.
    Likewise what Joy said, it's when you come home and you don't get the greeting, then it hits you like a ton of bricks.
    We wasn't going to have another one after loosing Lucy our Lassie dog, but after 3 months 6 years in January. I went to the cup match against Gateshead, Sadio's hat trick, come back home and my and sister had been to Manchester, unknown to me . To fetch me a puppy called Bella a Bishon cross, never had a small dog but she's great love her to bits.

So sad Mick. As you know we had to have our German Shepherd put to sleep in August after 15 years. I still haven't got over it.
    Like Millie, Tia was a rescue dog, and she suffered from Addison's nearly all her life which meant injections and blood tests at the vet's six times a year.
    It cost a fortune but she was worth it.
    All you can do is give them love and happiness, but the goodbye is always the worst of owning a pet.
    I share your grief mate.

Sad for your loss. Our ginger cat died a few years back and still think about him. We said we wouldn't have another but now thinking of a new kitten. Holidays were always a problem cus we had to arrange a relative to look after him for a week or two ie feed him. Whenever we came back we would never see him as he would 'deliberately' hide in the garden somewhere for a few days to teach us a lesson for deserting him

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)