+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Accies Match thread blah blah blah

For f’uck sake rico min.

I was just trying to have a relaxing friday night* when you go and mention Foster.

Foster the Hun.

You know, there were people on here defending him being made captain.
    If it happened again, I know who would be defending him now.

B’astard.

* Relaxing and Friday were never two words I could have put together back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I don’t think Lewis is a good captain but that’s a bit harsh saying he is the worst captain we have had in living memory.

Ricky Foster and Mark Kerr spring to mind.
    I'd managed to erase them from my memory. I've nothing against Joe, he seems like a nice guy, and he is a good keeper. He's just not a captain, he's not a leader, he doesn't inspire, he doesn't fight the team's corner, he doesn't get in the ref's face and argue in our favour - some of these things he can't do so well simply because of his position, but I'm not convinced he's the right character to be a captain anyway - is he a real winner? I'm not so sure. Shinnie was a winner, he was determined, fought for everything - Ferguson is a winner, Hayes is a winner - they hate losing. Some of our players just seem to accept it - Lewis looks like he has a sort of resigned look on his face when we concede a goal and when we don't get a result - there's no anger, passion or determination that it's not good enough. That's what i want from a captain - but we need a few more players like that throughout the team generally.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    I'd managed to erase them from my memory. I've nothing against Joe, he seems like a nice guy, and he is a good keeper. He's just not a captain, he's not a leader, he doesn't inspire, he doesn't fight the team's corner, he doesn't get in the ref's face and argue in our favour - some of these things he can't do so well simply because of his position, but I'm not convinced he's the right character to be a captain anyway - is he a real winner? I'm not so sure. Shinnie was a winner, he was determined, fought for everything - Ferguson is a winner, Hayes is a winner - they hate losing. Some of our players just seem to accept it - Lewis looks like he has a sort of resigned look on his face when we concede a goal and when we don't get a result - there's no anger, passion or determination that it's not good enough. That's what i want from a captain - but we need a few more players like that throughout the team generally.
    I think you can be a good captain without being a total ******* and getting in everyone's face. There's nothing wrong with others stepping up and telling Taylor he's absolutely pish.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Hayes is a winner but he's not the type to get in a ref's face like Ferguson and Shinnie would

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910