+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Accies Match thread blah blah blah

I did say that Watkins was a big reason why we were better to watch.

A few folk were saying he was pish because he didn’t score many goals but we seem to be almost back to the eye bleeding stuff of the last few years now Cosgrove is back in the side.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I did say that Watkins was a big reason why we were better to watch.

A few folk were saying he was pish because he didn’t score many goals but we seem to be almost back to the eye bleeding stuff of the last few years now Cosgrove is back in the side.
    I still canna believe we knocked back a couple million for him , possibly one of the daftest moves ever and we won’t get that offer again in this climate . It was admirable that we let him decide but realistically, if things are financially as drastic as they keep saying they are , the decision should’ve been made for him and he should’ve been told the club just can’t afford to turn down that offer .
    Dave Cormack has a reputation as a top businessman man well you don’t get much better offers than that , a couple million for a player you bought for 50 grand .

Don't employee rights apply to fitba? I'd have been quite disappointed if, during my working life, college X had contacted my principal at the Richard Lochhead University of Jaw-dropping Ineptitude In Allowing Student Accommodation To Open When The Jandies Is Tearing Through Society Like Eoin Jess Through A 9-Strong Jute Defence For Fuuck's Sake Min, and asked to obtain my expert services, whether or not I wanted to take such an 'opportunity'.

Quote Originally Posted by pieandbovrilman View Post
    I still canna believe we knocked back a couple million for him , possibly one of the daftest moves ever and we won’t get that offer again in this climate . It was admirable that we let him decide but realistically, if things are financially as drastic as they keep saying they are , the decision should’ve been made for him and he should’ve been told the club just can’t afford to turn down that offer .
    Dave Cormack has a reputation as a top businessman man well you don’t get much better offers than that , a couple million for a player you bought for 50 grand .
    We didn't knock it back, he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    And it was only £20k we paid for him

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Aye ok well it’s the same thing , we let him dictate rather than saying it’s too good an offer to turn down for a donkey like you noo eeeeaaaaawwww your way to France and dinna forget yer straw hat for the beach .

Quote Originally Posted by pieandbovrilman View Post
    Aye ok well it’s the same thing , we let him dictate rather than saying it’s too good an offer to turn down for a donkey like you noo eeeeaaaaawwww your way to France and dinna forget yer straw hat for the beach .
    He didn’t dictate, he just enacted his right as an individual and an employee not to be coerced into a transfer he didn’t want, or traded as a commodity by an employer.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    He didn’t dictate, he just enacted his right as an individual and an employee not to be coerced into a transfer he didn’t want, or traded as a commodity by an employer.
    Quite right. Clubs don't own players. They own contracts. These work 2 ways. Why should a club be able to tell a player to flock off to another country? We expect the players to respect their contracts, clubs must do so too. Ridiculous notion that you can tell any player where they must live and work.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofrgmsdad View Post
    Quite right. Clubs don't own players. They own contracts. These work 2 ways. Why should a club be able to tell a player to flock off to another country? We expect the players to respect their contracts, clubs must do so too. Ridiculous notion that you can tell any player where they must live and work.
    I’d have driven him to France masel for that money

You can be sure that if it was a English team from the north that had offered us about £2m and we’d turned them down I’m pretty sure he would have sulked and eventually forced a move in January for much less than £2m.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast