+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Accies Match thread blah blah blah

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    You can be sure that if it was a English team from the north that had offered us about £2m and we’d turned them down I’m pretty sure he would have sulked and eventually forced a move in January for much less than £2m.
    Christ, this is like reading a rejected script for Harry Enfield’s Self-Righteous Brothers.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Christ, this is like reading a rejected script for Harry Enfield’s Self-Righteous Brothers.
    Your right footballers nowadays don’t sulk and force their ways out of clubs given that all the power is with players nowadays. Sam also said he didn’t want to go as it was far from his family so if a club close to them came in why wouldn’t he want to go.

Who in their right mind would want to stay and play under Derek McInnes. Under ambitious players only.
    If we want to improve we need players who are hungry for success and are very ambitious. That will mean we will need a change in management.

Or the old gits , they were funnier

Quote Originally Posted by pieandbovrilman View Post
    Or the old gits , they were funnier
    Nasty bastaards.

Better to have inside the tent pishing out than outside the tent pishing in. See also Roberto Bisconti, Lee Richardson, Steve Tosh, Davie Robb, Peter Nicholas, ex-Keith stalwart Doug Rougvie etc.

Nasty bastaards.

Better to have inside the tent pishing out than outside the tent pishing in. See also Roberto Bisconti, Lee Richardson, Steve Tosh, Davie Robb, Peter Nicholas, ex-Keith stalwart Doug Rougvie etc.
    This is the kind of thing we're missing - who in the current squad has any kind of aggression? Only ones i can think of are Hayes and Ferguson. The rest are all too nice. It's why we still miss Shinnie - he's probably not a better player than Ferguson or McCrorie, but we miss his aggression and leadership. Joe Lewis is quite possibly the worst captain we've had in living memory. Good player, but the definition of uninspiring when you hear him speak and see him on the park, plus from goals he can't influence the majority of the outfield players.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    This is the kind of thing we're missing - who in the current squad has any kind of aggression? Only ones i can think of are Hayes and Ferguson. The rest are all too nice. It's why we still miss Shinnie - he's probably not a better player than Ferguson or McCrorie, but we miss his aggression and leadership. Joe Lewis is quite possibly the worst captain we've had in living memory. Good player, but the definition of uninspiring when you hear him speak and see him on the park, plus from goals he can't influence the majority of the outfield players.
    No longer allowed though. Last season, Cosgrove was sent off at Celtic Park for blocking at close range clearance from one of their fanny-dancing defenders, who made a miraculous recovery from a series of shattered lower limb bones once the card had been shown. The season before, at the very same venue, the Compliance Clype intervened post-match and felt McKenna's collar for clearing the ball and stiffing another hooped fanny in the follow-through.

Shinnie's rap sheet was Tolstoyan in its magnitude, and sometimes I questioned if it was worth giving him 90 minutes every week.

"There was contact".

"He was entitled to go down".

"He was over-zealous in the tackle, thereby endangering a ****ing fanny who would have been devoured as a half time snack by Simmie".

And that's fit I think.

Fannies.

****ing filigree-framed feart fannies. Your lessons on alliteration have not been in vain, Jake Arnaud.

No longer allowed though. Last season, Cosgrove was sent off at Celtic Park for blocking at close range clearance from one of their fanny-dancing defenders, who made a miraculous recovery from a series of shattered lower limb bones once the card had been shown. The season before, at the very same venue, the Compliance Clype intervened post-match and felt McKenna's collar for clearing the ball and stiffing another hooped fanny in the follow-through.

Shinnie's rap sheet was Tolstoyan in its magnitude, and sometimes I questioned if it was worth giving him 90 minutes every week.

"There was contact".

"He was entitled to go down".

"He was over-zealous in the tackle, thereby endangering a ****ing fanny who would have been devoured as a half time snack by Simmie".

And that's fit I think.

Fannies.

****ing filigree-framed feart fannies. Your lessons on alliteration have not been in vain, Jake Arnaud.

Well, there`s quite a bit of that , for sure !! Mind Cosgrove also got sent off against the blue scum for daring to get kicked on the foot by one of their defenders ? The nerve of the boy ?

however, there are somoe subtle ways of being aggresive these days. Mainly by being good at reading the game and being right on top of the play and theplayer. " Aggresive" closing down. Ferguson manages this well, as does McCrorie. Shinnie was a bit dramatic about his version, and often a little late in getting there ?

Ojo on the other hand is about six foot away from it all most of the time. We just ( !! Just , ha !! ) needa few more sharper players. Campbell did well-ish against Accies, but only in the Rat style passing sideways game. ( Although tbf he is usually better at picking a decenr forward pass ) Think we sliiped back into the hoofball last game . due to a combination of a slow midfield , and nobody wanting to run with the ball from defence/mified. Kennedy and Hedges were picking the ball up way too deep as a start ?

Ok, meandering off topic maybe now ? time to go.......

Quote Originally Posted by pieandbovrilman View Post
    Aye ok well it’s the same thing , we let him dictate rather than saying it’s too good an offer to turn down for a donkey like you noo eeeeaaaaawwww your way to France and dinna forget yer straw hat for the beach .
    As pointed out by others we couldn’t do that and even if we could, that is a horrible way to treat a person and would impact on our ability to attract other players if we were to treat them that way.

I’m pretty sure that the club and player thought an alternative offer would come from elsewhere. Then he picked up the injury.
    I’m sure everyone hopes he gets back scoring and gets another offer in excess of the reported £2.4M

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    I don’t think Lewis is a good captain but that’s a bit harsh saying he is the worst captain we have had in living memory.

Ricky Foster and Mark Kerr spring to mind.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast