+ Visit Cambridge United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Revenge

Revenge

After 25 years of inadequacy, has my taste for revenge been sated? That i might return to the poisonous blemish named Cambridge United.? United indeed, in the foulness of cheapness, disgrace, parasitism, infection, the blemish of the fens.

Not yet. Should i donate a few beads on my rosary to the club when i return to church? Or will my hopes be shattered like porcelain under a jackboot?

They dont know what they are playing with.

People.

It has been like walking in the fields of Hades, stinking, burning, foul, disgusting. That York can come to the Abbey and hit five. Where is our self esteem?

The language of the club still smacks of miserable quackery, there are no puns or humour, the relaxation of an inherent superiority.

Cheltenham will probably hit six tonight, and Bonner is nothing but a mutant monstrosity, versed in the skills of compiling flukes, in a fortunate collection of one after the other.

Emily of Birdwood Road.

Go to your local church,rosary beads in hand,and ask for forgiveness,taking a point away from home to the club that's second in the league is a job well done,it tastes even sweeter when the point is gained in the 95th minute,Cambridge are in the playoffs and continue to show that it's no fluke and are looking good,fans may be allowed back into the Abbey in a couple of weeks,Wishbech will also have games restart so why be miserable Frank,I honestly think that you would be happier if Utd was in danger of relegation just so that you could say I told you so

Its Emily. Indeed i do ask for forgiveness, but not for calling a spade a spade. Being older, i am apt to dwell on the past, and i do pray for latitude in the damage i have done. It has been a good life, full of opportunity and bravado, with most opportunities ignored or wasted.

It is only in the older years that you can see how things really are. I can look back on my younger self and think , now there goes a kid with guts. Although things didnt always work out right, i always had the right intention, which is the important thing. I have no regrets except in the field of romance, i wasted a lot there, made bad choices, and to all i am sorry.

I will donate a lot of beads to them, as i already have.

I wish i could be 18 again with a 63 year old mind, that would be something, make the right choices in all areas. There would be nothing you could not do once you put your mind to it.

Bonner is 37, he has his life ahead of him, and he seems self possessed. Where he thinks he will go is where he will go. Its hard to become positive after so many years of failure. Someone once said that if you stare into the abyss long enough, it stares back into you. To attach yourself to failure is catching. To expect or hope with no return is beyond what i am capable of.

To stagnate is worse than going bust, movement, drama, failure, going bust is better than constant unending nothingness. Which is what United are, till now.

Is Bonner a fluke? Let him reply.

Which brings me to you. There is a psychological trick that if you stare at someone with an expectant face, they will spill the beans because they think you know.

Em. Do you have a rosary? This is a public place you can say no. There are shops for the religious in Walsingham, you can buy anything there, even priests vestments. I cant remember the name but an internet search will bring it up, and you can order online.

Name:  IMG_20201125_142420819_HDR~2.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  88.1 KB

I've got rosary beads hanging from my car mirror Frank,I've had them for about thirty years now when my ex gave them to me 'to keep the car safe',total baloney I know but if it keeps the Mrs happy then why not,roll on a couple of years and I sold the car but took out the beads and put them in my new car when one day i spotted the new owner of my old car and was informed that they had had a crash in it a few days after owning it and it was a write off,unlucky you may think but I'm now to apprehensive to chuck them,infact it's the only thing that I've got left that's connected to my ex,she is Catholic but that never bothered me as I see it as like supporting a football club,we may go to the church of our choice whether it be Cambridge, Carlisle,Dale or Notts but we all support the same God that is England don't we,if Cambridge or Carlisle get promoted they could well swap places with Rochdale,maybe God is having a laugh with us who post on here

Baloney? Is religion baloney? If you suscribe the beads as having the power to protect your car, then that is the case. Be careful of how you use this power. What you think becomes so.

I don't think that religion is baloney but merely the thought that hanging beads on my mirror protected me just because my.old headed for the nearest car coming it's way as soon as I removed them,yet I feel apprehensive about not putting them in very car that I've owned for the past thirty years...... but imagine the power of the beads if the Pope had blessed them

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)