+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Verdict On BBC Radio Cumbria

Verdict On BBC Radio Cumbria

In normal times on Saturday afternoons the coverage of Cumbrian sport is decent and in general the coverage of Carlisle United is OK.

But otherwise the BBC Radio Cumbria presenters are dreadful. They obviously have no performance targets or goals to be achieved. Thus they are smug and are coasting at a very low level of endeavour and enterprise.

In comparison Beyond Radio (formerly Bay Radio) over a relatively short time has a massive list of former presenters. It is commercial and no doubt the audience figures are used to govern the viability of every presenter because the audience figures affect advertising revenue, which is key to survival of the station. So the presenters are permanently 'at it'.

I have said it before jp has a thing about challenges and tackles and cards when one of our players gets caught,but little or nothing when its the opposition unless its really bad because he has no choice,`how is that not a foul`i hear the cry.

Everything is dandy when utd are winning,but when losing the commentary gets frantic almost desperate and despairing,the refs running backwards,the ball is square,time wasting,ball boy not doing us any favors,it can be anything just because utd are losing,winning however and tell the world how good is that.

Think yourself lucky that you are a one club city,the local radio and rag in Nottingham are Forest obsessed with Notts lucky to get a mention,Radio Nottingham only given Notts a decent coverage on DAB in the past few years after much complaining but the more DAB becomes commonplace I can see us being turfed of that and put on AM if Forest want it,who are Carlisles biggest rivals for radio and column space?

Top six story's on todays Nottingham Post live,all Forest

Name:  Screenshot_2020-11-25-21-49-18.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  10.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by cocopops61 View Post
    Think yourself lucky that you are a one club city,the local radio and rag in Nottingham are Forest obsessed with Notts lucky to get a mention,Radio Nottingham only given Notts a decent coverage on DAB in the past few years after much complaining but the more DAB becomes commonplace I can see us being turfed of that and put on AM if Forest want it,who are Carlisles biggest rivals for radio and column space?
    Currently Barrow, with Workington getting a look-in. Carlisle get the FM, there’s no DAB yet.

The BBC is a communist organisation, everyone has there feet up.

Radio Cumbria DAB was scheduled to have been set up this month. It is the last of the BBC local radio stations to go DAB. The difficulty is that all the other BBC local radio stations fit into specific ITV regions and use ITV transmitters. But BBC Radio Cumbria does not sit comfortably in any one ITV region.

Quote Originally Posted by Psaw View Post
    The BBC is a communist organisation, everyone has there feet up.
    Will you be watching the Kings Lynn game live on the BBC on Saturday Frank?

I shall be wearing my virtual Carlisle scarf and rattling my Carlisle rattle on Sunday and cheering you lads on to the third round proper

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)