+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rooney or Terry ???

Other clues - his odds have widened in the betting, Bookies tend to be reasonably smart, though not always right.[/QUOTE]

The bookies are smart because they set their odds with consideration to betting trends, so their odds reflect how much is being placed on any runner. The odds tend to be driven by media hype regarding football managers, a leading outlet, supposedly ITK, will indicate someone is in line for the job, so punters put their money on him leading to his odds tumbling. That is until the next ITK media person tells us that someone else is nailed on. How many strong favourites have we had so far?

Just bring Eddie Howe in. He ticks all of the boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckless View Post
    he does, but would he take the risk when a prem or top 6 championship club will come calling?

Paul Cook is more likely and Allardyce would be ideal, but we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    Other clues - his odds have widened in the betting, Bookies tend to be reasonably smart, though not always right.

The bookies are smart because they set their odds with consideration to betting trends, so their odds reflect how much is being placed on any runner. The odds tend to be driven by media hype regarding football managers, a leading outlet, supposedly ITK, will indicate someone is in line for the job, so punters put their money on him leading to his odds tumbling. That is until the next ITK media person tells us that someone else is nailed on. How many strong favourites have we had so far?[/QUOTE]

True, but they wouldnt lengthen the odds on Rooney if they thought or had an inkling he had half a chance.

Not as convinced as some about Howe. He was at Burnley in the Championship before walking away after less than two years with a not particularly convincing 39% win ratio. Yes he did well at Bournemouth, but with huge amounts of money...bit of a one club man perhaps.
    Prefer Benitez, who no longer appears in contention, or Allardyce both of whom are, imo, more proven and experienced.

Sorry one problem in the team at the moment
    Rooney should be on the sidelines and no where near the team sheet
    Fact .....

Allardyce ..... Really ??? I wouldn't trust him especially if the Sheikh is going to fund things big time but I go back to Eddie Howe who did brilliantly at Bournemouth,,,, yes with money but seems to me to be intelligent , savvy and honest

Allardyce ..... Really ??? I wouldn't trust him especially if the Sheikh is going to fund things big time but I go back to Eddie Howe who did brilliantly at Bournemouth,,,, yes with money but seems to me to be intelligent , savvy and honest
    However, he wont be coming, likes to be on the south coast, it was his family's reluctance to move - I mean Bournemouth to Burnley who could blame them?) that apparently led to him leaving.

We don't need a manager with L plates on, so no Rooney or Terry thank you very much!
    In fact the sooner Rooney sods off the better, and he can take Lawrence with him!
    Good luck to anyone taking over the club you are inheriting one great big pile of dogshiite and good luck to whoever gets the poisoned chalice because this shower of misfits masquerading as championship players will drag you down into their sewer!

A good no nonsense manager would soon whip this lot into shape, first job, drop Rooney!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)