+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rooney or Terry ???

Rooney or Terry ???

Now Mac is back who would you rather have as manager. Rooney or Terry? I'll start with John Terry.
    Been learning his trade at Villa and will be ready to go!

Neither

GP That's cheating! We all want a Premier manager but what Premier manager with ambition would want to come here with Mac lurking at the back and the club being rock bottom of the Championship! So choose one of the two mentioned!

Quote Originally Posted by Egyptianram View Post
    GP That's cheating! We all want a Premier manager but what Premier manager with ambition would want to come here with Mac lurking at the back and the club being rock bottom of the Championship! So choose one of the two mentioned!
    Terry, because Rooney might not want to play under him and a Derby Team without the Rooney we've seen recently would suit me fine

Quote Originally Posted by Egyptianram View Post
    I'm not even looking for a PL manager but if those two are the options we can afford I'd still prefer a lower league manager, Darren Moore, Danny Cowley, Paul Cook etc who have a bit of blood on their hands.

But if forced, then Terry

Allardyce!

Is this a US election? Of the 2, I'll go for the Turd Sandwich over the Giant Douche: Terry

The last thing we need is another rookie manager with no experience of management, let alone managing in this league! Frankly I'd prefer mac to be the manager if its a choice between those two.

But actually Rooney isn't in the running, Terry might be, but I think its an outside bet.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    The last thing we need is another rookie manager with no experience of management, let alone managing in this league!

But actually Rooney isn't in the running.
    Agree with your first sentence...don’t understand your certainty in the second.
    Rooney obviously carries a lot of ‘clout’ around the place...otherwise, on the evidence of this season, he’d hardly be being picked to start let alone be in a position where he appears to be first name on the team sheet and playing a leading part in selecting the rest of the side.
    It would be intriguing to know what the conditions of his contract are. He undeniably made a big difference when he arrived just ten months ago, but has been largely reduced to bit part set piece cameos since.
    Seems to have huge influence around PP but, imo, doesn’t have either the intelligence/communication skills to be a successful modern day manager or the fitness to be a player-manager.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 25-11-2020 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Agree with your first sentence...don’t understand your certainty in the second.
    Rooney obviously carries a lot of ‘clout’ around the place...otherwise, on the evidence of this season, he’d hardly be being picked to start let alone be in a position where he appears to be first name on the team sheet and playing a leading part in selecting the rest of the side.
    It would be intriguing to know what the conditions of his contract are. He undeniably made a big difference when he arrived just ten months ago, but has been largely reduced to bit part set piece cameos since.
    Seems to have huge influence around PP but, imo, doesn’t have either the intelligence/communication skills to be a successful modern day manager or the fitness to be a player-manager.
    My certainty is based on what I've been told by someone who ought to know. Plus a feeling that anyone taking over the club is not going to risk their investment on a rookie manager. The only concrete evidence that Rooney is in the frame stems from him saying he would be interested in the job when asked by a journo. The rest is media speculation and he doesn't have the required coaching badges and therefore would have to have someone qualified to work alongside as co-manager.

Now why would you pay two people when for the same money you could get an experienced person to do the job? Plus what has he done since being at the club in a coaching sense which would make any prospective owner say "yes I'll appoint him as manager"?

Other clues - his odds have widened in the betting, Bookies tend to be reasonably smart, though not always right.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)