+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: calling it early.....relegation is an absolute certainty

The season didn’t start until 12th September, and we are regularly playing 2-3 games per week. The intensity is significant and takes its toll on bodies. We already have four long term injuries not to mention the walking wounded from the Bournemouth game.
    This is nothing to do with lack of effort. They are all working their socks off but the recovery time is minimal. Add the fact the quality of the opposition. Some of the opposing players on Saturday earn WAY in excess of £50,000 per week. They are generally better players than ours, so , unless we are able to keep up the momentum each and every game until the final whistle we will lose more than we win with these teams. On our day we are a match for any team, eg Bournemouth and Norwich. It’s not the results against the top teams that will define our season.
    No need for panic mode. There are still more than 30 games left so, we must aim to pick up as many points as we can against the lesser lights.
    I am very confident that once the injuries clear up we will climb the table.
    Keep the faith.

i really do admire the failure threshold on here

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    i really do admire the failure threshold on here
    Don’t worry IBS the season will be over before you know it

Idiot you can always go back to S6,why come on here?

Quote Originally Posted by Nardendee View Post
    The season didn’t start until 12th September, and we are regularly playing 2-3 games per week. The intensity is significant and takes its toll on bodies. We already have four long term injuries not to mention the walking wounded from the Bournemouth game.
    This is nothing to do with lack of effort. They are all working their socks off but the recovery time is minimal. Add the fact the quality of the opposition. Some of the opposing players on Saturday earn WAY in excess of £50,000 per week. They are generally better players than ours, so , unless we are able to keep up the momentum each and every game until the final whistle we will lose more than we win with these teams. On our day we are a match for any team, eg Bournemouth and Norwich. It’s not the results against the top teams that will define our season.
    No need for panic mode. There are still more than 30 games left so, we must aim to pick up as many points as we can against the lesser lights.
    I am very confident that once the injuries clear up we will climb the table.
    Keep the faith.
    There’s a lot of sense and good points in that reply but it suggests we are a special case.

All of the teams in the Championship are subject to the fixture issues and also have the same squad sizes so tiredness should “level out” What might be different though is how hard the players are physically extended in training.

We must also be aware that coaching teams at clubs can train talented players to be more physical and fitter, it’s much more difficult, nigh on impossible to train skill and expertise into a fully fit player.

One thing we can do though is to be organised and stop making basic mistakes, the so called ‘schoolboy errors” that’s where the management team can be effective if they themselves have the necessary talent to do it.

Some fickle supporters of RUFC on this board....wasnt that long ago you was all clamouring about promotion when the "messiah" Barlaser was signed...now literally weeks later RUFC are doomed for relegation.i thought in my opinion the 1st half of the game they showed some fight,they battles,they closed down...showed alot of spirit(especially Lyndsay)without really troubling there keeper...but unfortunately class nearly always shows eventually,and tbh a team like brentford(who should have been in the premiership this season)have too much class for Rotherham...there is the nucleus of a team there to at least survive in the championship,but I have to agree that Warne(although a nice down to earth guy)isn't the man to keep us in this league....we do need someone with a nasty streak,someone who isn't worried by what he says or who he upsets....dispised by many but someone like a Joey Barton type...lives on my street in cleveleys..cant stand the man,but you cant knock what he gets out of the players at Fleetwood

I heard it through the grapevine that despite his public persona, Joey is a tofu eating pan***ual so not sure he would meet IBS's criteria for RUFC management

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I heard it through the grapevine that despite his public persona, Joey is a tofu eating pan***ual so not sure he would meet IBS's criteria for RUFC management
    Is this another quiz Cam ? Dead easy Marvin Gaye...

Quote Originally Posted by LincsMiller View Post
    Is this another quiz Cam ? Dead easy Marvin Gaye...
    But he’s homo***ual not pan***ual

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Don’t worry IBS the season will be over before you know it
    That's actually a good point.

Over in March

for us.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast