+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: calling it early.....relegation is an absolute certainty

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Well yes, but will we ever have the resources to improve to any great degree?
    Yeah your right m8. May as well call it a day now. And prob if we end up in league 1 we may as well not bother with giving promotion a go.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Yeah your right m8. May as well call it a day now. And prob if we end up in league 1 we may as well not bother with giving promotion a go.

I think you’re missing my point.

Yes we would (as Kevin Keegan would say) luv it but we are likely to see more dire games than entertaining ones in the Championship

We don’t have a large fan base and season after season of just hoping to avoid relegation won’t have the fans flocking back

I think you’re missing my point.

Yes we would (as Kevin Keegan would say) luv it but we are likely to see more dire games than entertaining ones in the Championship

We don’t have a large fan base and season after season of just hoping to avoid relegation won’t have the fans flocking back
    I remember going to Maidstone in the 4th Division, now that was a dire game!

Even in our recent good runs we have a hard core support of 7 to 8 thousand fans

Even that number is sustained by periods where we win more than we lose.

Covid has added another dimension as fans are getting used to stopping away from games, a form of cold turkey.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post

Yes a 0-0 draw wasn’t it?

Hartlepool was bad enough

Yes a 0-0 draw wasn’t it?
    It was. At least the 4-2 (or was it 4-1) hammering at Barnet I attended had goals and the advantage of sitting with the WAGS.

It was. At least the 4-2 (or was it 4-1) hammering at Barnet I attended had goals and the advantage of sitting with the WAGS.
    4-2 if you mean the match towards the backend of the last millennium

4-2 if you mean the match towards the backend of the last millennium
    Yes - would have been Sep/Oct 98, took my 4YO daughter, lifted her over the turnstile (at the direction of their operator) and sat in the Barnet Family Stand. Told her she was never going again because we lost and have been true to that for 22 years although it was helped by moving to the US 2 months later

I don't want to win community club of the year again.

I want to compete in the championship.

Time to replace the current squad of tofu-munching pan-se x u als and sign some mean b a st ards.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast